mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Mr huds

Mr huds Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Briggsville AR
    I really don't have a clue for a specific reason. I would think each was different

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TaylorMade407

TaylorMade407 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    Like I've stated before. Start from the date of 1/1/2014 or 1/1/15 and read from there. You'll have more than enough updated information.

thomasrsimmons9285 and spyder7723 Thank this.
  4. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    look on the first page of this thread at the first reply to the original question, thats right , i made the first reply and have been here ever since. why dont you ask how many of the current posters on here got the same advice you are being given, then see how many who did are doing well here. the majority of the readers do well here, its puts you ahead of the game. there are no magic bullets to success, its takes a lot of effort. i have consistently made money here to the point my wife says if i leave mercer she is leaving me. she likes the stability and steadiness i have found here. its up to you, but you are being given the best answer anyone could give you.
    if you want a stable company where you can make a good living and not ever get screwed over, this is the place. thats the answer you are looking for and we have told you how to achieve that. this would be no different than asking to read a book on business.

and dont think you are special, everyone gets told that, but few listen, the listeners are the one posting back to you now. take it how you will, President Prick i am.

Gr1zzly, Mr huds and roshea Thank this.
  5. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    its easy to guess, basically telling folks to make the effort to read, and getting basically told to screw off, and having to argue with guys that think they isnt a way to maximize the system here. of course that isnt directed at you, its easy to know who i speak of, i myself dont enter here like i used to.

Mr huds and spyder7723 Thank this.
  6. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    or espically read the other section titled why do people fail at mercer, thats a condensed version.

7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    It isn't being rude. It's being honest. Most of us here are more than happy to help others, but we want to see them make an effort first so we aren't just wasting or time. Deciding which carrier to lease to is a major business decision, possibly the biggest one a guy can make. The guys that aren't willing to make a commitment of a few days of research on to a company are saying they don't take the business seriously, they do things half ###. They are the same ones that get busted for being sloppy on the road and driving our csa scores up. The same guys that can't hack it here and claim we lied to them.

As for your question of rates. None of us can answer that. None of us operate the exact same way. What i make per mile had absolutely no bearing on what skateboardman makes, or truckerpete makes, or cjindatruck makes. And if you read the thread you would not only know that, but understand why.

Reading the thread isn't about getting a couple quick answers, it's about getting the big picture understanding that would otherwise take us a week of talking to get.

Hope that makes sense.

Truckin_Texas91411 Thanks this.
  8. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    The trick is to keep up with the present then go back where you left off read for an hour or two each day, then you will be caught up to the days present topic . Then you will understand how these guys roll. When I m waiting to get loaded/unloaded I get caught up. It's just the way I do it.

9. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    questions for the folks here that got told by some of us to read the thread, just like thomas did.

did or has that advice helped you a lot or a little? did it give you a head start on finding your groove here??

10. Highway Sailor

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Yes, I have gained a lot of knowledge with this and other threads for Mercer. All except the reefer and door slammer thread. (Ha ha). I started reading the Mercer thread because I'm trying to sign on with them. So where else would I look to for the straight information? Here and talking to the drivers when they are not busy . I have found when talking to them they will take time to answer my questions.

11. Highway Sailor

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Also you can learn something by a question someone else ask.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.