mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. spacetrucker88

spacetrucker88 Heavy Load Member

I was with mercer for a few years they would be hard to beat in my opinion

Trucker Darrisaw Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Clasix1055

Clasix1055 Even when I'm wrong I'm right

Jan 26, 2012
    Toledo, Ohio
    I have found that I like being home so the flexibility of using a couple of brokers help.

4. Flightline

Flightline Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    Before I came to Mercer, we had our own authority and got home less and when we was home, our cargo insurance would eat us up. Not that it is more sitting at home, but with own authority, insurance is approx. $26 per day whether your using it or not. At Mercer, it is figured in their percentage so sitting your fixed expenses is way lower, like the insurance is approx. $4 per day.
    We been here at Mercer just under a year and seem to get by the house about every 7-10 days without trying. I'm just it helps living in Indiana

LTCBAMA Thanks this.
  5. Clasix1055

Clasix1055 Even when I'm wrong I'm right

Jan 26, 2012
    Toledo, Ohio
    I live in northwest Ohio and I have found a nice prifit lane between Cleveland, Detroit, Cincinnatti, and Chicago...I am home most nights and off on the weekends. The flexibility of working with different brokers is the key to me. If Mercer can't get me in the direction that I want to go I can find a load, and head to the house, instead of having to say take a load somewhere I don't want to be. I also have discovered that pulling coils is not as bad as I once thought it to be so I kind of concetrate my efforts in staying in these traffic lanes with the coils back and forth

6. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I have my own authority and I haul stuff for them. There pretty good compaired to everyone else out there

7. BAYOU

BAYOU Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Beaumont,Tx
    I been thinking real hard about leasing on!
    IM sick of hauling $1.50-$2.00 a mile broker loads on my step and waiting to see IF I ever get paid

Big John Classic HQ Thanks this.
  8. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    i have been talking with mercer and filled out a application with them, i will say they are better than a lot of company at getting back to you and answering any questions you have. I may get a chance to find out how they are to work for they are very high on my list of potential company's to lease to.

Lady K Thanks this.
  9. Grumman

Grumman Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Locust Grove, GA
    It seems though most of the rates they offer outside carriers is on the low side. They constantly call us but the last load I hauled for them was a paver in 2010. I will say the two girls that call on our posting sound hot over the phone.

nofilter Thanks this.
  10. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    thats because the good loads are offered to the lease drivers first, unlike some where the agents make more money if the load is brokered.

nofilter Thanks this.
  11. lonelyswmtrucker

lonelyswmtrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    can someone tell me if mercer has a lease purchase? do they hire felons? i'm not interested in getting haz-mat, twic or any of that stuff. would i have to have that to be @ mercer if they would take me?

GoGetta07 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.