mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    OMG Pete! Do not do that to us. You know we all thought that YOU had blown an engine right?

And did someone say $1400? LOL. I have a few things I would like a DD to move. Are you avail?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    It will be a lot more than that. A step or dd is the cheapest option and they are both looking for more than 2 a mile.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    CJndaTruck Thanks this.
  4. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    The cheapest way...find someone with a dolly. The kind they use to piggy back new trucks on. If it's a condo sleeper you will need a saddle...you've probably seen these on mercer trucks, we haul a lot of them for freightliner and kenworth. Pay the guy a few hundred to rent his dolly/saddle and use your truck to move it. You will then need to pay for a wrecker at each end to lift it on and off.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    TruckerPete1990 Thanks this.
  5. agitator

agitator Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Ohio
    Probably 3 to 5 grand...

6. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

have they changed their electronics policies? I have four laptops and 5 DSLR cameras, one regular camcorder and a cinema camera. Plus amateur radio equipment they didn't like. They didn't have a place to store those things like other places I've been to, and told me "there's the dumpster". We had some words about that after I told them I need to backup and make a phone call. Oh, and my cell phone too of course. What BS. I hope it's changed. I've gone to plenty of Nuke places where they have big lock-boxes and you just declare what you have and put it in there. Even firearms if that is the case, no problem. Those private security guards are the worst. Just my opinion of course.

7. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    You must be thinking of a different place. At least i hope so. The one I'm thinking of has small lock boxes for small electronics, and they held on to my laptop. But honestly, how can you expect to have that much electronic and recording equipment and not raise a red flag when you try to enter an installation that builds freaking aircraft carriers?

8. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    When they are unloading trucks and the crane breaks.

Airborne Thanks this.
  9. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    I was there couple months ago.. no camera's

10. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

I do not cater to the "guilty until proven innocent" scenarios that run rampant through this country and especially in our industry. And, that everyone so willingly accepts being treated that way is even more disturbing. I particularly do not like being assumed to have criminal intent when I'm sure my security background is higher than most at one of those facilities. That's all I can say about that.

Klleetrucking and A21CAV Thank this.
  11. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

and what about companies with company installed dash cameras? How do they handle that?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.