mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. frt60

frt60 Medium Load Member

May 22, 2014
    Bushings are pressed in easier to replace bar

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
  4. frt60

frt60 Medium Load Member

May 22, 2014
    Should not need one

5. TruckerPete1990

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Create 38221 is an idiot lol. Coming in here arguing with the shop guy.

6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Is it the red trucks company Crete?

TruckerPete1990 Thanks this.
  7. TruckerPete1990

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Grr auto correct yes Crete lol

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  8. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    LOL. Is that the super trucker dude on you tube?

HaHa.

BoostedTeg Thanks this.
  9. TruckerPete1990

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    No lol he spoke very little English. My hands were full or I would of recorded it.

Airborne and CJndaTruck Thank this.
  10. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Pete, you and others might take offense at this but I hope you accept it in the spirit intended which is to try to help you.

Your truck is a rolling wreck. That bushing didn't get like that in a few miles and that bar is there to position and stabilise that axle. If it had broken completely loose you would be driving a rear steer truck except you wouldn't be steering.

I know like any smart owner you are doing everything you can to preserve your profits by doing as much of your own maintenance and repairs as you can. However you obviously need some help and not help turning wrenches.

I recommend you find an old school type mechanic, not one of the new age "technicians ", and pay him to inspect your truck with a fine tooth comb and tell you what needs to be fixed now, what is wearing and needs to be fixed soon and what to keep an eye on. You need someone you can ask the questions you might be embarrassed to ask and get intimately familiar with your truck. Make it clear to the mechanic you are paying for his time and expertise but that he will not be doing any of the work to improve the odds you'll be getting an honest assessment.

There might be someone on this forum, like Spyder, but if not I strongly recommend you do this now. I wouldn't drive your truck more than a few feet because what I see in the picture is only what's obvious. I'd rather have you pissed at me than have you dead in a ditch on your way home to your kids. None of us learned what we know about the dirty side of trucks by osmosis but by the knowledge of the old and not so old timers. Find an old fart with permanent grease on his hands.

And yes, get a three axle alignment when the truck's fixed. That rod positions that axle and the previous alignments were done based on the assumption the bushing was good. And don't let whoever did your last alignment touch your truck again.

Frank

11. TruckerPete1990

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    It's not lose or broken. The rubber has cracks all over it n a small chunk is coming apart. I haven't had a ailment sense I bought the truck.

Oh I don't worry about profits if something is broken it gets fixed.

CJndaTruck Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.