mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Chickadee

Chickadee Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2010
    We screwed up too. We took a load that showed one pick and one drop but at the very bottom of a long set of notes on the left side of the load info it stated 4 drops. It was actually 5 drops. We were pissed as we had a plane to catch that week but just sucked it up and did the deliveries as fast as our Qualcomm would allow and fortunately made our flight. I think it was pretty sneaky of the agent not to list all the stops on the right side--but live and learn. Next time I'll read all the notes before accepting a load.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeymouseclub

mickeymouseclub Heavy Load Member

Mar 17, 2017
    You got to ask the right one, but the answer was in the email.

Many thought like razor that it was projected empty time , when it was earliest acceptance time , but I think it will help active drivers.

Razorwyr Thanks this.
  4. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    7 years ago, I had to provide front page of tax returns, letter of authority, and some other items to show my history

The_Gambler Thanks this.
  5. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    Better call and check, changes may not all be on website

The_Gambler Thanks this.
  6. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    Pete, that isn't new. Its always been a thing , you simply look at it as free entertainment. You simply discard those , you will often find some very interesting discussions that you will miss if you let those guys bother you, it's part of what I enjoy about this job ,meeting different people. If I have to put up with a few tall tales I will, in order to find a good one. Like in Rogers,MN few weeks ago , after to listening to the guy who drives the world's longest semi truck rattle on about fuel additives, a guy and his wife sat down, and I found out he owned several restaurants in the Atlanta area, but that ta, back when it was a 76 was his first paying job as a teenager. It held a lot of memories for him.,. It was interesting . But to get that I listened thru the other guys additive spiel

larry2903 and The_Gambler Thank this.
  7. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I haven't seen any like that yet... I thought all the stops are always listed on the right under the schedule...

8. Chickadee

Chickadee Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2010
    It was a load from Valcourt, QC. They are recreational vehicles--and normally there are multiple drops but this just listed one drop. So we were psyched. It wasn't until they actually dispatched us the load that I saw under the schedule tab in the APP that there were 5 drops. I didn't call and complain--we just took the load--but we were far from thrilled. After it was dispatched I went into the unit list and dispatched loads and on that page it DID show the drops--but when we accepted the load from the contractor website the drops were not listed (I always take a screen shot). It's not the end of the world, but I will be more careful in the future to read all the fine print.

Highway Sailor and HalpinUout Thank this.
  9. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    Ahh, The Counter Of Knowledge. I Never sit at the counter. Always get a booth to myself as far away from that counter as possible. I just can't take the Tall Tales, it ruins my meal...

10. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    I always seem to sit next to the guy who's been to Area 51, but can't talk about it (then why did you bring it up?). Ok, he will tell me (still didn't ask) but he really isn't supposed to. And on the way there (after driving 3 days non stop except for fuel doing 90) he was pulled over by highway patrol. He gave them an envelope with a stapled closed blank log book, they read it, sent him on his way after the Cobra that is following him flew over and shot 2 hellfire missiles off as a warning shots.

11. Razorwyr

Razorwyr Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Meridian, Mississippi
    So I'm at the J in Ripon, CA and there are like 15 people wandering around the parking lot, individually, taking pictures of the trucks. I think they're all somewhat together and French (maybe?). Weird. I wouldn't think of a truck stop parking lot as a tourist attraction, but hey, I guess it's something different than home.

whoopNride Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.