mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Not yet. I plan on putting one on.

See, you just proved my point. Lol. I don't have to worry about doing something wrong & wasting my time. Lol.

Hope that hurricane is going to miss you guys.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chickadee

Chickadee Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Is it a pain in the neck to pick up a load of "saddles?" Do they take a long time at each pick up?

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  4. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    So I'm up in the NW expecting to have a long weekend yesterday. Loads out of here are stupid cheap and not even coming close to covering fuel cost it seems, so I was seriously thinking about bouncing to a better market. Then I get one of my favorite calls from an agent. "I have a load....". I give my standard laugh and hear "What will it take?" Anyhow, loads up here are only paying like $1.60 with fuel at $2.50 + (after discount). But I went with my standard answer of $2.50 a mile. Was told to wait a sec. I did. They came back with a counter of $2.33. I took it.

My point being now is not the time to come up here. Freight is super cheap (the worst I've seen) and trucks are sitting (kinda use to seeing that up here). I found myself here chasing one of my best weeks at Mercer and was almost regretting it. Had a good enough week that if I had to bounce all the way back to L'ville I would have been ok (yet very mad). And I'm not off the west coast yet so Monday I might be complaining for all I know.

Oh and the smoke from the fires suck! Not sure where the sun is. I did kinda see this orange glob is the sky yesterday for a bit but I'm not sure what it was.

You all in the SE be safe. We got lucky in Houston and didn't have the house we are selling flood. But just 2 blocks away???? Not good. Hope everyone does well.

And where are the FEMA loads? Interesting.

5. CJndaTruck

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Yes it's a pain!

Did it 3 times. First time was smooth and I thought "why does everyone complain about these". I learned the next two times. Won't be a 4th.

6. CJndaTruck

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Spent 3 extra days on one load and 2 extra on the other. Money looks good but buyer beware.

7. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    was out NW last month. NO NO NO.. Rates are just TRASH out that way.

8. Chickadee

Chickadee Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Thanks cj. We are gonna pass on the load. Have a nice day!

9. mickeymouseclub

mickeymouseclub Heavy Load Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I do them , kw are easier than freightliner. Takes a bit but I have no problems with them , but I don't mind multi drop or pickup loads

10. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    i got lucky with the only one i did. 1 Pick 1 Stop lol. It took UPS about 2-3hours to load them on my truck:/ Once in Ohio took them 15 mins to unload xD. if you do LOAD THEM PLEASE use the wood that they have makes it so much easier...

Highway Sailor and Chickadee Thank this.
  11. mickeymouseclub

mickeymouseclub Heavy Load Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Yep, putting the wood between is necessary and makes it easy

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.