mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. mickeymouseclub

mickeymouseclub Heavy Load Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Oscar if you remember , the trippak wasn't free either, although we didnt get charged full price , we paid quite a bit more than the app.

The trip pak scan and transflo has always had a charge also.

But considering also that I get paid usually in a couple hours or less , it's no problem.

The reason is that under the app they paid a fee for the software use and it was partially passed on.

But with certain court rulings and such concerning employee ,employer relationships, things have to be done certain ways.

An example is used to be you had to run mercer tags, now you can run your own but you have to do your ifta , they wont pay it .

Like the quallcomm system , you can get it thru mercer a huge discount or you can get your own and pay the setup fees yourself at over twice the cost.

But when things go to the contractor web, there wont be a monthly charge for that to send paperwork or other items.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    What device are you using, I just see the flat loads , nothing else changes.

TheDudeAbides Thanks this.
  4. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    I was curious after reading this, so I used my android and my wife's I phone, i didnt see any parameters change on either other than what changed by filtering the different trailers out.

Maybe i didnt see it, but my distances to closest loads stayed the same

5. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    Have any of you tried to use the upload tab for paperwork??

I used it for Thursdays delivery and friday delivery. I had also used it before when it was placed on loadboard, not many noticed it .

Previously my upload times were a bit slow when I first used it, it took quite a bit of time to upload . Seems it was because of the file size.

My photos , due to camera , were 4 to 5 mb .

I already had cam scanner on my phone that I had use for sending things for other business dealings.

So I used the 4 mb photo of my bol, used the cam scanner app to run the photo thru and convert it and then saved it to my gallery , the file size was 464 kb.

Then when I used the upload button , it went thru in a second. I hit upload , selected bol, then selected correct file from my picture gallery and sent . It uploaded and gave me the sucessly uploaded message

I then used transflo app to do same picture and it seemed to do same thing , a plain Jane black and white file of just a few hundred kb, much easier to send

Since the app was based on the trippak scan software , probably the same process.

But in either case , using the scan app , either turbo scan like they mention or cam scanner, I actually used both this morning.

At first it was simply learning the steps, but after doing it about 10 times , the process got more familiar.

And you can also use click on tools to remove shadows and lighten darken etc.

But it makes the file much easier to send , while is something to get used to, the scan app actually helped do a better image.

Now since I sent paperwork on same load 10 times, if I get paid , I am going on vacation.

If you are used to using transflo, I would say keep doing what is more comfortable for yourself. But try it out in case its needed as an option.

I will agree it's a pain in the rear

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  6. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    Yep, I usually scanned in before I left customer

7. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Man you had me rolling my eyes with what you were explaining how to do it. In my mind I said to myself " that's why I use the truck stops". I agree 100% with your comment at the end LOL. I will continue doing it my way and stay in my comfort zone.

8. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    Lol, after more playing around with turbo scan, it's easier to create the file . I was used to using cam scanner as you can do contracts etc and sign and send the documents , but as it turns out, turbo scan is a simpler process.

It's much simpler , I will do a step by step with turbo scan process a bit later.

It's not much different than doing transflo scan, it's just the repetition of the steps into memory.

After more practice it down from pain to minor abrasion

Mr huds and Highway Sailor Thank this.
  9. Tchrist20

Tchrist20 Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2018
    It might be on here but I’m thinking about leasing on with Mercer. I spoke with the recruiter yesterday and he was telling me about the freight coming out of Nebraska where I live there wasn’t much only like 7 loads a week. Also wondering how long you O/O stay out at time?

10. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I stay out a week. Maybe two max. As for Nebraska, it can't be any worse than south Florida and i do just fine. Go make money then load for home at a great rate. While sitting at home you are just climbing the board position so when you are ready to leave you have first dibs on the loads.

Edit to add: that strategy also explains some of the "good ole boy network" some fools claim are at play. When at home i don't want to be bothered with calls about every crap load coming up so i have my preferences set ridiculously high. But im also scanning the loaf board in occasion and when i see that good load i grab it.

Board position is set by your empty time so when some guy sees he is matched number one and thinks he is certain to get a specific load, but i decide i want it and was empty before him as soon as i click it in now i match with my empty date and time making me number 1 and him 2. He thinks he got screwed but in reality he was never really number 1 on the board, i was just sitting on the sidelines fishing out in the gulf with my kids. Ready to pounce when a great load came up.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Highway Sailor, mtoo and Tchrist20 Thank this.
  11. mickeymouseclub

Mar 17, 2017
    How far west in Nebraska? That will make a difference in volume of loads to leave home with. We used to have regular runs out of Norfolk, va to Nebraska with round metal bars

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.