mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Uh no let's see ,deduct two iq points

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Niagara LaSalle provides free of charge wood for the driver make a headboard.

4. Big John Classic HQ

Big John Classic HQ Light Load Member

May 21, 2015
    9020# No coil pkg 70.000 gvw with lift axle 12 winches per side with receivers.

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  5. Cummins_444

Cummins_444 Medium Load Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Northwest, IN
    Yes mercer and the chicago volvo club seem to have the most issues. Last month mercer driver in door one at hammond was waiting to get his steel that he had spread all over to be unloaded and rebundled. At the same time mercer older couple in door 3 loaded and I showed them the free head boards. I was informed they don't have time to mess with them and besides they don't drive fast. I kindly pointed out the mercer truck next to them but they didn't care and left without a bulkhead.

Sadist mercer driver had to be this nice freightliner classic with a fancy in closed rack. He brought back his load to be reworked. He smashed that rack clear up into the sleeper.

The volvo club is just scary.

6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I used to load out of Hammond a good amount but the rates have been cut down so low by the competition, doubt you see many Mercers load there now. Constantly get underbid.

I dont use the headboard they have anyhow, I've got my own dunnage I prefer to use.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  7. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Im north of nashville say a P&S driver with 3 coils. He had 2 straps on the biggest(My guess about 30k?) 1 strap on the smaller coil. And 2 over the tarp lol

8. Dynames

Dynames Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Here, There and Yonder
    Hope everyone is staying out of the way of Florence.

9. Dynames

Dynames Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Here, There and Yonder
    Wait...dude had coils strapped down? I've done it on light <4000 lb coils but that was because I ran out of chains...

10. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Not a single chain to be seen on this load.. If he wants to use straps more power to him i guess but at least use enough to cover the dam weight of it.

11. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

There are drivers who just refuse to put safety first. I had a similar situation but with crated stainless steel tubing. Other guy had nice stretched out truck, chicken lights everywhere, big loud stacks, a regular super trucker. Had been at Mercer 1 year an knew everything. I haul this load of odd sized crates as LTL frequently. I strongly suggested he put at least one strap around the entire load and pull it together tight. He told me in no uncertain terms about my lack of knowledge of how to secure freight and boasted how he does this all the time. We left there and went five miles to the agents yard to pick up additional paperwork. By the time he got there the crates shifted and were up against his headboard and all smashed up, that is both his headboard and the crates were smashed. I didn't say a word just smiled and waved as I walked by.

No matter how nicely you try to 'suggest' a different securement method, or that there is something DOT could get you for on the truck or trailer, it is almost always met with hostility. And drivers wonder why 'nobody helps anyone anymore' .... try it and see what happens most of the time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.