mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    How are they following the foot prints if you dont mind elaborating a little?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Fine, you've said it. Now let those of us who have made money at Mercer pulling a van tell our story to those that are asking. We aren't lying to anyone. There is money to be made at Mercer pulling as van. Will everyone make money at Mercer pulling a van? No. But not everyone makes money at Mercer pulling a flat either. Not everyone makes money pulling any trailer at landstar either. No one ever said the money is better there than anywhere else, just that money could be made. It's a fact regardless of what you believe. It's not a good look to be commenting on stuff you have no experience with.

back street slider and JonJon78 Thank this.
  4. Corso1504

Corso1504 Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2017
    Umm I've been here at Mercer a long time.. I've pulled both..I have two trailers so I'm talking on first hand experience...i rather give a guy the real info rather than make it seem like he has to jump thru hoops and hurdles to make a decent lookin.. especially pulling a van.. You should be abke to gross 4-5k a week pulling a van with minimum deadhead anytime of the year. It's not rocket science.. It's not about using your head and Blah blac.. Pete is pulling a Van. That's the easiest equipment to load up. But hey what do I know lol

5. I glide 47

I glide 47 Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2017
    Started at land star 2002 they respected the driver. Owner if the customer was wrong they stood by the driver if the agent was wrong he was called on the carpet now the customer is king and the agent is too some agents can't speak English-language Chr.. is not a broker but a customer, driver don't make company money agents do ,they bill the customer's if a company contractor won't haul it broker it out not try to get more money for the truck ,,happening at Mercer slow start with but I can see it

6. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Have a good day...

JonJon78, thaistick and spyder7723 Thank this.
  7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl

My problem with landstar is they let just about anyone be an agent. They lost an agent in a missile strike or bombing a few years ago. I want to say it was in syria but could be wrong. Wtf was he doing in the middle east right? Well that's where his office was. If im booking a load in Ohio, i understand it might not be an Ohio agent with the load, but for gods sake i expect him to at least be working on the continent.

8. I glide 47

Jun 3, 2017
    Land star hauls a lot of hazardous materials ,agents in Syria ,that's were the terrorist are. Don't need to find materials to make a bomb book three loads ,satellite tracking included, Anybody else see the problem here?

9. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Anyone have a navplus in there truck? Do you like it?

10. I glide 47

Jun 3, 2017
    A friend of mine does likes it till it broke very expensive to replace

TruckerPete1990 Thanks this.
  11. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Yeah almost 2k installed. I only want the gauges from it. Well the dpf gauge. Haven't found a after market one for that lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.