mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Love to hear this about companies.

When did Mercer go to central dispatch? We haven't hauled loads for them in a couple months but we had one office that we worked with direct because we could always get the rate up vs. the Mercer person that was assigned to us would just be firm on a rate.

nofilter Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    There is no central dispatch. Agents put the loads on our company load board, we are free to pick and choose what we want. We have "coordinators" that call us on loads when they hit the board. But we are free to call agents on our own. They want us to deal with our coordinator and not the agent as much as possible, but I prefer to deal with agents. I can negotiate with them.

4. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Glad to hear that. We had a load we hauled a couple times for $1800. When we got our "dispatcher" she was offering it at $1000. She was firm on that. We called the agent and got the $1800. We took calls from the dispatcher but always called the agent to book it. If they stopped allow this I am not sure how many loads we would haul for them in the future.

I will say this about Mercer, agents look to put it on a Mercer truck vs outside like some of the others. Not good for my business but respect that about them.

nofilter and kbarttt Thank this.
  5. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven

what oscar said is correct. although they prefer you deal with your cordinator and the load board, you can call the agent . but it is not a deal where you have to deal with agents exclusively to find what they have available.

and your last comment is why i like mercer and why i left mason-dixon, if the agent makes more money brokering the load than loading a lease truck, you cant blame the guy really he is just trying make money like the rest of us.

6. Clasix1055

Clasix1055 Even when I'm wrong I'm right

Jan 26, 2012
    Toledo, Ohio
    Wow! My guy never used to discuss money he would tell me what was available then 3-way in agent to discuss rates....since I started slingin coils I havent used Mercer but I will watch for this

nofilter Thanks this.
  7. Flightline

Flightline Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    Also we like being at Mercer because they never push us to take a run or even push us to run. We go home on a whim and stay home however long we need. They never squak when we say, we'd rather not take the load. A famos saying around the yard here" Mercer will let you go broke if your lazy" But they usually have great paying loads thay we can't hardly pass up either.

horsecrazychic22 and nofilter Thank this.
  8. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    I have taken 8weeks off this year so far, nobody has said a thing to me about it. For me there is no better place to put a truck on than here.

9. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    i got home the 31st and leaving out the 10th for w babylon,ny on long island 25,000 pounds no tarp . at enough money for me to gladly cross the gw bridge

10. BAYOU

BAYOU Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Beaumont,Tx
    Well they made it easy for me to run away! I know people can't say what you can make everyone runs different but give me some proof all the mercer guys I talk to won't say anything good or bad....only thing I can go off of is what I see posted on there board and none of it pays all that good

nofilter Thanks this.
  11. skateboardman

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    you talking about the broker board or the load board contractors see? our board has rates , the broker board doesnt.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.