mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Lucar

Lucar Road Train Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Texas
    imho it will be good to consider a 51' , that way you'd have a tad bit more than 40' on the bottom. you could always call the Roll tarping fab company to get more info on clearance/dimensions. I've heard of how much drivers love those containers locks on their steps. I'm also considering an all aluminum 51' conestoga for next year, we'll see.

KSGunny Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckin Juggalo

Truckin Juggalo Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    Yeah it was just a bad decision my batteries are going bad and didn't turn on my generator so the fridge ran them dead last night, new batteries are on my list just not till the fall right now I'm getting tires, might put on that maxwell ESM to take the worry out of dead batteries and get the 3 deep cycles in the fall

4. Lucar

Lucar Road Train Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Texas
    sounds like a deal, tires is the biggest maintanence upgrade you can do, specially at this time of the year. what kind are you getting?
    those batteries do look beefy ! i'd get those too when the time comes. let us know how you like them once you get them.

5. Truckin Juggalo

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    My recaps from CRST are about due to be replaced going with Michelin Xline Energy D Singles talked to our Rep got them for $4,200 minus what ever the shop gives me on my old tires and rims

Lucar Thanks this.
  6. Tc6868

Tc6868 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Maryland
    It's still a great company.

7. Tc6868

Tc6868 Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Maryland
    Why would you want to cover a container Marine I to was a Marine 0326 recon first bat first Marines (Camp Pentelton)Swift-deadly-silent semper-fi tell the day I die oorah!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucar Thanks this.
  8. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    you can get conestogas with a run open option.

and juggalo, your batteries are getting bad and you are gonna wait til fall? you are pushing it.

Lone Ranger 13 Thanks this.
  9. Truckin Juggalo

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    Yeah I called Kenworth in Knoxville going to pickup that Maxwell ESM when I go home and put it on then I'll not have to worry about the truck starting and I'll get 3 TK Eon batteries in the fall

Lucar Thanks this.
  10. KSGunny

KSGunny Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2014
    el paso tx
    At my age and due pins and plates in my arm and hip I don't want to throw tarps... I know I'll give up over size, but if I can get the height I'll still have the option to do containers .... Last I knew they are only 96" wide... I may be wrong... but on a 50 or 51 foot step you can haul two 20' or one 40' and maybe a 45' depending on length laws... Not sure on the 45 s...

skateboard, i'm not sure you can get a run open for a step deck... if you can that would be another option... thanks

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  11. Lucar

Lucar Road Train Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Texas
    Saw this wagon a few days ago..
    [​IMG]

Truckin Juggalo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.