mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. kona911

kona911 Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redding, CA
    Ok then, maybe you are old....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bad Monkey

Bad Monkey Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Goshen, IN
    Are you guys going to disown me if I bought a volvo? I had more head problems with my ISX so instead of being down another 3 or 4 weeks I just parked it and bought another truck to keep moving. I dont know whats wrong yet. Its going to the shop if I can get it unburied from all the snow.

4. Bad Monkey

Jul 18, 2012
    Goshen, IN
    Pound Puppy, was that you I saw going east on us 30 in ohio today? It looked like you had a oversize yellow something or other on your wagon. I waved but too late I think. I was west bound in a blue volvo.

5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Man, a new head would of been cheaper than a new truck. As for disowning you, won't matter what your drive, you will always be our little ugly hairless butt monkey.

6. Bad Monkey

Jul 18, 2012
    Goshen, IN
    Who said I was hairless? Ugly maybe. Dude I'm going to charge you for the cost of the windex to clean my screen after I spewed a perfectly good adult beverage all over my screen.

7. Bad Monkey

Jul 18, 2012
    Goshen, IN
    OK I picked myself up off of the floor from laughing now. To answer your question, yes a new head would be cheaper than a $16k volvo but what about the downtime? I might be guilty of suffering the grass is greener syndrome. I thought my little binder needed to be replaced. I thought a volvo was going to be the perfect truck for me. I am not saying it isnt nice but I want my binder which I have named "Mighty Mouse" back.

8. Lucar

Lucar Road Train Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Texas
    Congratulations mr. Monkey, hopefully this one will keep you running more. What is to become of the other truck?

9. Battle Born

Battle Born Heavy Load Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Scandia, Mn
    Juggalo: what is that app for the fuel mileage? I had it on my old phone and forgot the name.

Kona: Glad to see you back. Did you change anything on your truck while it got fixed up?

10. Bad Monkey

Jul 18, 2012
    Goshen, IN
    Lucar, I thought it was worse than it might be. It started to make a bad ticking noise in the top of the motor. It might just be a bad jake rocker arm, but I will find out this week hopefully. If it is a minor fix then I will move back into the binder and sell the volvo. I didn't think I was going to miss the binder this much. The volvo is nice and all but I don't think it is the truck for me. But that is why I bought it, so I could keep running and making money while I decided what to do. That $5k repair bill from oct still stings, I couldn't help but wonder how much this one was going to cost.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    Lucar Thanks this.
  11. Truckin Juggalo

Truckin Juggalo Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    It's Fuel Gauges, https://letstruck.com/pricing the Fuel tracking is free. the app is called Lets Truck i believe

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.