Mercer?

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by Peteymac, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Bad Monkey

Bad Monkey Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Goshen, IN
    I heard that. Thats why I'm staying out fo a while. I figure no matter where I end up friday somebody near will have a fireworks display. And maybe ill head north where I won't need my ac as much till I get it fixed. It works pretty well till it hits 88 or so then it quits.

Bigdubber Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven

my apu is on the fritz now also. it runs and charges batts and suck but the generator isn't kicking on , the ac unit runs on the 110 . I been getting a motel or using the Richter method of a 12v fan. of course I was in the ne where it was down in the 60's at night.

Bigdubber Thanks this.
  4. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    I been out since april 26th. I am headed home finally, but I see some dang good loads on the board. if not for a couple of things to take care of at home, that I got to be there and sign(they wont send em and let me sign and send back) I probably would keep riding

Bigdubber Thanks this.
  5. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    June was agreat month. July is starting off the same way. In previous years the week after the 4th was slow, not so much this year!

6. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    The engine fan on mine is out. It gets hot and shuts off. It is integrated with the truck cooling system. Wanted to fix it this weekend, but thermo king is closed and Im reloading for Catoosa, Ok on Monday. So I will order it for next time i guess.

7. Loke

Loke Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2012
    I've been reading these threads, Mercer sounds like a place I'd like to be. I have two questions though.

How many loads are available on a given day?

What are the wheelbase requirements? My current company requires at least 244". My tractor has 275" which is the absolute limit over here.

8. Flightline

Flightline Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Almost There
    Loke: Where is over here?
    No mim or max wheelbase limit here. You can go to Mercer transportation home page and see a list of all the requirements here.
    Loads available per day is in the hundreds but that depends totally on the area and how much weight you can carry. More so if you pull a flat vs step.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.