Micro Management has grown 200%

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by haz-matguru, Mar 13, 2017.

1. TokyoJoe

TokyoJoe Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2015
    The company that I drive for (2nd time) told me about their new sign on bonus afrer I already started orientation. 5000 dollars paid over 5 months and they don't micromanage at all but I do get those annoying periodic safety messages on the Qualcomm.

The only issue I've had this 2nd time working for them is that some of their dispatchers have a new tactic of sending me somewhere with a specific appt time and then once I'm there to unload or on the way, they change my appt time in order to not have to deal with my detention request. Last time my new appt time was 48 hours after the original so I had to make some phone calls to calibrate the idiot after it became clear that I was being screwed out of detention after sitting in a parking lot for 2 days.

x1Heavy and born&raisedintheusa Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    If any company left me sitting for 2 days after that and tried that crap I’d be making it a personal mission to get a hold of upper management and bug the living #### out of them, and loudly. That’s why I won’t drive for large companies. If they start implementing huge sign up bonuses and advertising all over the place it’s most likely the turnover is through the roof.

4. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    It is totally understandable where you are coming from.

If you were sitting for 2 days in a parking lot, that would have been an ideal time to take care of a lot of business:

1)
    catching up on lost sleep and exercise, along with getting yourself cleaned up, getting a haircut, etc.

2) get every piece of dirty laundry washed and cleaned

3)
    thoroughly going through your truck cleaning everything from top to bottom and everything in between

4)
    getting everything put away in its proper place

5)
    going through the rest of your truck to make sure everything is in good working order

6)
    double checking your logs and paperwork to be sure everything is in proper order

7) catching up on phone calls or e-mails to your family

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    You forgot 8) Reseaching companies that have a good reputation and sending out applications.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Bobtailing to visit brother earl and his children for a few days, Dispatcher WILL call my cell when it's time to get off my parking lot gravel incrusted ### and get moving.

Hold on boss, working the steaks on the grill. I'll get back to you....

7. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Well by offering 5k payed out in 5 months. Your expected to go thru with what ever comes up huh?

8. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    AMEN!
    All that stuff @inandoutoftrouble just mentioned can be done in a 10 hour break and/or while home.
    If I'm gonna sit 48 hours it WILL be at home.
    Smart phones, laptops and WiFi in the truck----the ONLY thing I'm doing with that much time on my hands is researching a new company.

9. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    9) You both forgot, calling up every low life and slacker in the front office and reminding them what their job is and why they hate truck drivers.

10) Calling the higher ups and reminding them what low life and slackers they hired in the front office.

Midnightrider909 Thanks this.
  10. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    Trucking is exempt from labor laws. That's why truck drivers sit, unpaid at the shippers/receivers.
    https://www.dol.gov/whd/FOH/FOH_Ch24.pdf

Midnightrider909 Thanks this.
  11. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.