Micro Management has grown 200%

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by haz-matguru, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Mr. PPS

Mr. PPS Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Trucking is an employment of the last resort for most of new drivers entering the trade, that's why companies can bend truckers every way they want, there are many desperates waiting for their turn at it. After a good chunk of truckers took driver facing cameras up their arses, there is no hope for this industry.

88228822 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Truck drivers will be going the way of the dodo bird in about 10 years anyway.

88228822 Thanks this.
  4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    My issue is a lack of management.

Had a nail in my tire friday & my Dispatch didn't even know where to get it fixed. They have an account set up for the frtskrs at Les Schwab but not the new Pete's. I know the boys over at GCR so I took it over there & they fixed it for free. How do you buy 6 heavyhaul trucks & your office crew doesn't even have an account for tire repair?

5. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Prevention is the only cure.

Refuse from day one to participate in such nonsense.

If you entertain their intrusions for even a moment, you will be expected to do so from then on. If they know you won't play ball, they will move on to other drivers who will.

Understanding their motivations is the key. They are only interested in covering their own rear ends and justifying their existence at the company and keeping their managers off their backs. That's it and that's all.

It is important to remember that a high percentage of people hate their jobs and are only doing them because they can't figure out another way to subsist. And most people are incompetent especially when it comes to work, and many people effectively practice incompetence as a strategy to avoid being given more work or having to learn new tasks.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.