Miles not the same as load info.?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Jeca0408, Feb 18, 2020.

1. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    I like being paid hub miles.
    It's like not having someones finger in your pocket.

bzinger, Mollythecow, Long FLD and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jeca0408

Jeca0408 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2020
    I always fuel before getting my load. It was a straight shot basically, but yeah many people have said it’s just the way it works. Next time they try that I’m just gonna deny it and call safety or someone to look into this. I get paid the same LD or DH per mile and I feel they need to do better instead of stealing over $100 per route per person, if they have 10,000 employees that’s a million dollars !!

Jenn72 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. Mollythecow

Mollythecow Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2020
    What happened to getting paid for every mile driven?
    Something I've read on here guite a bit.

5. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I bet you can use the rule of 9s to equal things out. If not, do like I do and just start biting necks until they see your point of view.

kemosabi49 and Jeca0408 Thank this.
  6. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    P.s. I ran 410 miles today. Boy, that’ll take out of you, let me tell ya son. Fortunately, I have some nice sipping tequila on hand.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    In the beginning days of Qualcomm each road & the miles for each road was included & drivers would add them up & burn up the phone lines saying they were shorted. So they took it out.
    For every 100 paid miles you will drive 105-115 actual miles depending on rte. Most companies pay you by the standard they use for quoting frt rates.
    But if your a stickler for getting most of whats owed like me you can keep a journal of all your loads including paid miles & actual miles & come tax time any miles that the company refuses to pay is tax deductible as unpaid wages.

8. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    Honestly, you really shouldn’t complain. You should be grateful you’re allowed to drive their truck across the country for free.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  9. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I complained about this many years ago. The GPS routes you the "Truck" way but they pay by PC Miler program which supposedly is a truck route. My company is usually 10% short for most trips.

Congress should pass a law that the program used to pay you should be provided inside the truck as well.

Example, Pittston PA to Rochester NY is shorted 45 miles each way. We used to drop and hook at store then proceed to backhaul for return run. My friend got the run one time, got shorted. The next time he ran it their way. Called them up and told them he didn't have the hours to get the backhaul. Had to deadhead back. They never gave him that load again.

jeff18 and bzinger Thank this.
  10. Mollythecow

Mollythecow Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Chalk up one for truth, justice and the ( you got screwed ) American way.

11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Aka airplane miles .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.