Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Hate the entire Cincinnati area, put in ready for dispatch 5 hours ago.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UhOhh

UhOhh Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    NE
    Me too man. I got shafted yesterday with a 50 mile run right by Cincinnati in Kentucky. Thankfully I got some lovin and am heading to Maine now.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    MIT Thanks this.
  4. UhOhh

UhOhh Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    NE
    Forgot to add I waited like 20 hours for that 50 mile run from Trenton.. With everything going on it’s understandable.

MIT Thanks this.
  5. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Yeah I get it, not really complaining. But I HATE being anywhere near Trenton on the weekend. I had the option to head up to the terminal chose to ride it out here in Hebron at Westrock.

UhOhh Thanks this.
  6. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    I think I've been to that Kroger Whse you mentioned. Enjoy home finally.

7. packersfanmw87

packersfanmw87 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    Wow, watching a Swift trainer getting his student to back into a spot. Flying J lot. Spins thru some empty spots to be basically a straight back (great training) and is now blocking the path for everyone else. Trainer just jumped in and parked it. (Plus the guy he blocked is the same guy I blocked...he was leaving when I was backing...guess he is driving around the lot did the fun of it now?)

Maybe teach him the S? Kid had no shot at even making the straight back. Has no idea and trainer didn't seem to do him any favors there...best in class, right. Keen98 trained me well, even if I didn't fully understand the S concept until out on my own.

dwells40 and MIT Thank this.
  8. packersfanmw87

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    Forgot it was memorial day weekend. Opie tells me freight will suck, do I want to go home and take a Rochester load for Tuesday morning. I had just been home the weekend before!

He said he also had a Syracuse one. But that was quickly gobbled up by a guy living out there. Do my runs for the day, getting unloaded at Menards in West Allis. He offers me a fort Worth load. Nice. Avoid Rochester, get Friday night and Saturday at home. Drop in Burleson on Monday and suddenly the week is good.

Of course, need to get home this weekend, he gets me a load from valley, al to Plainfield, IL for asap drop and then home. But being old, he didn't closely read the customer paperwork which clearly states a live unload at 0900 Sunday, haha. He even had that in the dispatch. Oh well, easy run tomorrow, deliver and get home. Didn't really need to get home Sunday but I screwed up that home time request. It will be nice once my wife's immigration application is in the mail and I can just roll and get home randomly when Opie routes me through. Want more 3000 mile weeks instead of 2600 or 1984.

9. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I got home about an hour ago. That first beer and shower are so good, nothing like them.

10. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I pulled into the welcome center/rest stop in Pleasant Prairie this morning on my way to deliver my last load before going home and get stopped by a bottleneck at the entrance. There was a Swift truck blocking half the entrance to the lot and someone else stopped next to him because they couldn't get through. I got out to see what the problem was, and the Swift driver said he was trying to sleep there. I counted 5 op-ed spaces then, I don't know how long he'd been there but it sure resulted in a mess.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  11. packersfanmw87

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    I stopped at a Pilot, I think to shower with my wife. When we came out a truck was blocking us and five other trucks. When the guy finally came out 15-20 minutes later he said, "oh am I blocking you?". Some real ######### out here. Plan your days better. Can't find parking, don't mess everyone else's day up!

dwells40 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.