Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Still undecided

Still undecided Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I hate those tight spots where there isn't enough room to get by without pushing the tree branches out of the way.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UhOhh

UhOhh Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    NE
    Absolutely. It’s stressful how fast things can go bad making one wrong turn or maneuver.

Still undecided Thanks this.
  4. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Had the shortest delivery of my career today. Dropped trailer in University Park, bob tailed to Romeoville, hooked to trailer drove 1.3 miles down the road to Bolingbrook for a live unload. Lol not upset by it just amused.

5. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Man do I not miss fn University Park and the lazy, worthless fn workers at that place!! Lol

MIT and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  6. UhOhh

UhOhh Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    NE
    There’s nothing like getting your truck squeaky clean for the first time and then heading into a dirt lot with sandstorms to make your day.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  7. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Lol I have to agree with Dave’s message this morning. The truck washing whining is ridiculous. If you are the kind of driver that wants a clean ride you can get unlimited washes at Heartland compared to once a month at Beacon.

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  8. UhOhh

UhOhh Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    NE
    I’m thankful for that. Some guys must have been whining to Millis.

MIT Thanks this.
  9. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Lol I would be also, but I never wash my truck.

Still undecided and UhOhh Thank this.
  10. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I had a similar one at Graham Packaging in Cartersville. It was a Friday and they had a couple of loads there they needed of there before they closed for the weekend. Moved it from there to the Cartersville yard.

I'm at the place right now where ai probably had my shortest deadhead. Mantua in Glenwillow. First time I came here I had delivered to Superior across the street. Didn't even bother closing my doors before coming here.

MIT Thanks this.
  11. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    My only complaint, and it's something that I can live with, is that when I go to the Beacon I usually pay them out of pocket for an engine wash. As far as I know, you can't get that at Heartland. Otherwise, at least ai don't have to argue with them about why I don't want brightener any more.

MIT Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.