Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Whoever thought it would be cool to make so much freight due on Monday morning needs their ### kicked. That's all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. navajo

navajo Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I believe its the 1st of the month following your 60 days. So if you hire on July 15th for example.. benefits would start October 1st

jeremyhntr1 Thanks this.
  4. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Why? You want to hold #### longer? Majority of places are closed on Sundays so it only makes sense that lots of stuff gets delivered Monday mornings...

5. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Sounds right. I came back near the end of February and benefits started May 1st

6. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    You would guarantee that bonus CPM would go with those miles. Never know what will happen next week.

Are you on straight pay or per diem? I do not know the mileage cut offs for bonus CPM for per diem but staight pay gets an extra .01 per mile if you hit 3k or higher.

7. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    That’s cool. Sounds like you’ve been a bad boy.
    I ain’t got nuttin to say ‘cept I’m lookin around Middle GA for a large car ride. Don’t get me wrong, I love Millis and the opportunity they gave me but I’m gettin kinda tired of swinging doors and bumping docks docks. Even if it kills my old fat white arse, I want to go back to skateboarding. Dirty ole nasty flat bedders. I miss those loads where you have to be creative as hell to secure the load. We’ll see.

8. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Well what sucks is parking starts filling up early on Sundays as everyone gets to where they need to be. It's frustrating, especially when you're somewhere where there's already not enough truck parking.

I swear I think you could put a 100 spot truck stop on every single exit on 81 in Pennsylvania and they'd all be overflowing by 1800 on Sundays.

9. JOHNQPUBLIC

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    You are right about that.

10. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I think that dispatch is either retarded, mad at me, or both. First if all I probably should've refused this load due to lack of hours. But technically I had enough hours to run it. But *just* enough. I had 59 minutes left in my 70 when I got to the final, and I made sure dispatch knew this. So I get a preplan. Preplan is something like an hour and 10 minutes away. i ask "Is this preloaded so that I can get it in the a.m.?". "It's a hot load I will find a different load for you.". I mean seriously wtf? This is the kind of crap that elogs was supposed to prevent.

So I ask you guys... Should I have refused the load out here?

11. Gremlin304

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Also finding parking in New Jersey is so much fun. I'm 35 minutes in the red on my 70 after finally finding a place to park.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.