Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Yes, but in regions

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Ahem,,,, bull malarkey. You believe that like I do. It’s business, never mind the people that grew your business. Just another trucking company now. :-(

4. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Yupppp pretty much man

5. BazookaJoe

BazookaJoe Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2018
    I wrote Dave this was his response:
    “This is a merger. There will be no buildings sold employees let go of any of the above.
    The purpose was to allow us to continue to operate as Millis Transfer. The ownership structure here could not be addressed to allow for continued operation without a merger. It was done for the purpose of not having things sold or employees let go.”
    My thoughts: it’s family owned as was the company I retired from was. None of the children wanted it. JMO.
    I seen 19 of these from my previous employer all but 6 were shuttered.
    Customers taken and moved to our facilities. Some equipment kept most sold,
    Buildings sold.
    All the company I worked for wanted was the customer base to increase their profit share.
    This year a lot of companies couldn’t handle the downturn and shut down.
    Just my personal experience with these things.... they NEVER turn out good, for the buyee it’s always In favor of the purchaser

6. BazookaJoe

Mar 7, 2018
    Heartland paid 150 million. Things will change safety, company rules, etc will change to them.
    You can’t have two chiefs.
    Shared customers,

JOHNQPUBLIC Thanks this.
  7. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    During all these mergers/buyouts no matter what the industry they ALWAYS SAY nothing will change.

I would like to think that the Millis's mean it and believe it but they won't be in charge anymore and the powers that be at corporate will do whatever they want. Millis will be assimilated into how Heartland does things, not the other way around. No way they will pay all that money to let us just operate on our own little island.

It won't change initially but eventually Millis as we know it will be gone. And from what I have read about Heartland, especially their hometime policies, I will be gone too.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  8. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    How can he say its a "merger" when they article states Heartland bought them and all their entities for $150million? Thats not a merger, thats being bought out....

Vic Firth and bzinger Thank this.
  9. packersfanmw87

packersfanmw87 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    Yippee. Thanks Millis for pulling out the rug just as I'm about to hit the road. Seems completely out of nowhere.

10. navajo

navajo Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Would this qualify as breach of contract for drivers with less than their year in?

11. BazookaJoe

Mar 7, 2018
    Working at Heartland Express: 249 Reviews | Indeed.com
    Read the reviews about Heartless express.
    Great company to sell to Millis! Bang up job!
    Time to start job hunting, not sticking g around for do do to start all the new rules coming. I’m thinking first of the year is when they’ll really start.
    They will r.a.p.e. This company of everthing decent.
    just like kids. Dad busts his tail to build a good company excellent safety record takes care of drivers....kids sell it.
    Well dan and dave and Steve now have 150 million reasons to not give a dam about you!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.