Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Yea almost $1000 bring home they tax the #### out of bonus checks ugh

bzinger and MIT Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. packersfanmw87

packersfanmw87 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    Haven't they learned that nailing people for telling the truth usually doesn't end well in this social media age?

Can't wait to start stacking cash with keen. I like those mile numbers keen98 has for the year (of course with the "advantage" of being able to run a few more miles than normal with a trainee ;) )

MIT Thanks this.
  4. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Strange week not including the obvious. 3600 total miles. 8 days without a live load/unload. Eeked out my 3rd safety bonus! Radio stays on at times until fuse is pulled. 2 pre plans to get me through weekend. All is right in the world.

navajo Thanks this.
  5. navajo

navajo Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Lucky you! I've been in Trenton since 1pm "on the list" ha

6. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Lol, I’ve been there. It’s all about location.

7. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    I'm kinda wondering what's going on with Trenton. Delivered glass there Wednesday and for the first time in probably a year, instead of getting a load out of the brewery, they send me to Muncie, IN to pick up a broker load.

If our new overlords make any changes to how we run at all, I really hope they make more use of preplans. When I delivered to Essity in Cherokee a couple of weeks ago, one of the guards there told me that we were the ONLY guys that came in there regularly without a pre-planned load out. I'm pre-planned through the weekend for now, though, and that makes me happy, happy, happy.

8. Lauv

Lauv Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2019
    I know you are abiding by the rules of the road and maintaining a safe speed, but have you ever won a semi race? The event where one semi is passing another but it moves at a snail's pace. The truck driver at my APKNite company told me that a lot of the trucks are governed between 62-65. That's like 80% of all trucks out there.

9. packersfanmw87

packersfanmw87 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    The world would be a better place if the semi getting passed would just let off the gas for a moment and let the slightly faster truck get by instead of getting all butt hurt.

d o g and JOHNQPUBLIC Thank this.
  10. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    YES! I've been the truck getting passed and you literally let off about 2 mph for 10 seconds and it's over. You lose absolutely nothing. I do not like other vehicles, especially another truck, riding along side me for very long out at interstate speeds.

MIT and Vic Firth Thank this.
  11. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    From what I've heard is the issue with Trenton is they just arent getting our #### loaded when its supposed to be loaded. I was preplanned on a load to Peoria few wks back to get me home for vacation. Load info said shouldve been loaded 4 days prior and when I got there it still wasnt loaded. Was told its happening all the time now

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.