Millis OTR journal

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Steelersjunkie, May 15, 2017.

1. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Yeah that's how it has.been before for me. So I'm not sure what was up with that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midlife Trucker

Midlife Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Shady Dale, GA
    Our dispatch was for a load from Ft Worth Miller to Albany GA but when we got the trailer and the BOL, it was to Trenton, OH. Miles are miles, halfway there.

4. packersfanmw87

packersfanmw87 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    The two times I've dropped in Albany, they just told me to drop in that area...not a specific spot. I always try to drop on the side away from those docks and ramps and even then a pain getting it wiggled in for some reason...especially if after sunrise and it seems cars and trucks and yard dogs are flying up and down that lane.

I got my Miller load reworked at the brewery. They had a scale near the docks and then also the exit one. So I was able to just run inside and tell them my load wasnt good and they put me in a dock. Some lost time but I made West Memphis and plenty of parking at 5 pm.

5. Gremlin304

Gremlin304 Road Train Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Parkersburg, WV
    Will they actually tell you your axle weights at the exit scale? Last time I was there, they wouldn't, and I knew something was wrong by my airbag gauge. I had to go up the road to the Love's to scale then come back.

Sounds like maybe things have changed for the better.

I had to have a Trenton load reworked yesterday at LeSaint. Ugh I hate backing into those docks.

6. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    So couple weeks ago I had a post about being able to make $$ even with short runs...well this week we just had is the ultimate proof of that holy ####!

Monday
    Sterling IL to Holiday City OH 306 loaded 108 empty 414 total that went on previous check cuz we delivered Monday.

Reload from Holiday City to Miamisburg OH we delivered Tues morn at 5am 160miles

Tuesday
    Florence KY to St Elmo IL 288ld 76 empty 364 total delivered that Tuesday afternoon. Got reload back out of St Elmo
    St Elmo to Tipp City OH 287miles delivered 0430 Weds morn

Cincy to Tomah 535ld 69 empty 604 total....(monster load for the week lol) cant deliver till Thurs after midnight..

Deliver Tomah at 12 30am Thursday morn get sent to Eau Claire...

Eau Claire to Germantown WI store run delivered 630am Thursday..256ld 79 empty 335 total....

Neenah to Richfield 75ld 79empty 154 total..dropped in Richfield 1pm Thursday after sitting 3.5hrs in Neenah waiting for tire to get fixed on the trailer we were picking up...

Richfield to Eau Claire 257loaded delivered 4am Friday...

LaCrosse to Memphis 778 ld 89empty we grabbed at 6am Friday and will be home at 12 30pm till 2pm Sunday...

Thats 8 fn loads from Mon 7am to Friday 6am and 1 move over the weekend. 9 loads from Mon to Monday with average length of haul being 336 fn miles!!! And when we deliver Monday in Memphis we will have 3025 miles on this paycheck and spent Monday on last weeks check...

I actually feel like I worked this week lol. Ive definitely had 3000 much easier miles before in a week, but just goes to show #shortloadsmatter.....lmfao

Farmer54, JOHNQPUBLIC and dwells40 Thank this.
  7. packersfanmw87

packersfanmw87 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2019
    West Allis, WI
    My shortest load the past couple weeks was that one I brought from Lebanon to richfield.

At fort Worth they have a scale near the docks that you can see your weights. They didn't show me anything at the gate. Everywhere else they print out at the gate and ask if you are good.

8. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    Dang it man,,,,, that made me tired just readin’ it. Lol
    Ft Wayne loaded with dead batteries to recycle place in Eagan, MN. Reloaded in St Cloud for Memphis. Delivered Memphis and reloaded in same dock late yesterday for Rochester MY tomorrow.
    Of course I had to stop at Double Nickle in Hayti, MO to eat but it was breakfast this time. Their corned beef hash and eggs was scrumpdiliicious! Good strong black coffee too. Man I love that place.
    Any of y’all ever tried Patty’s across the bridge at Hayti? Might try eatin’ there next time.

9. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    What time is your appt in Rochester? I have an 8 am there.

10. Farmer54

Farmer54 Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2012
    West Bend, WI USA
    1200 at a dist I’ve never heard of. Wright Beverage?

11. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Yes been there many times. Thought you were going to Lexington Ave. Cane help you with Wright if you need info. Can tell you no overnight parking and do not get there more than 30-45 minutes before appt time.

Farmer54 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.