Misleading ads

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by TripleSix, Sep 19, 2021.

1. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I feel kinda awkward in the gym when women do hip thrusts and look me in the eyes

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Last week while in Florida. We saw a few Drivers doing bench presses in the parking Lot. First time I’ve ever saw that. Must have a lot of time on their hands.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I especially get a kick from the ads for losing weight that include special foods and diet. True you are what you eat. But the idea that if you eat this food, you’ll lose weight. Great Marketing. Eat less, you’ll lose weight. Simple.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Couldnt have said it any better.

More proof that freeweights are the way to go... Look at anybody who has recently been released from prison and worked out while there. They are trim and cut, not big and bulky.

D.Tibbitt and TripleSix Thank this.
  6. DeereRunner97

DeereRunner97 Medium Load Member

Apr 18, 2019
    Ostrander, Ohio
    Sadly Six, I can attest to the Pelaton being a coat rack. We have one and thought it would be much cheaper than going to spin classes. My girlfriend was pretty adamant about getting it, so we did. I use it when I’m home, but not enough to keep it. While I’m away, it doesn’t get used at all. You’re right, it’s a very expensive coat hanger. But when you bring it up to just sell it, I get the “I will ride it, my friend/sister/best friend” has a wedding and I need to get into shape.

So, everyone I have a Pelaton for sale!

7. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Got my gym out back, tossin close to a thousand 50# bales, pounding a few hundred fence posts, hiking the 2 1/2 miles of fence line doing repairs, cuttin and hauling brush, loading the cut logs into the back of the truck, splitting same, and stacking 7-8 full cords, is about all the "gym" and fun a 60 yo can stand....

Oxbow, D.Tibbitt, Isafarmboy and 8 others Thank this.
  8. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    How much is that expensive coat hanger Lol, hauled a load of them once and the broker was up my ### every few hours for a load check

9. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I hear I’m good at Toning stuff out.

D.Tibbitt and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  10. Munch75

Munch75 Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2021
    Essentially they wanted to "tone". I had to get out of them what "toned" meant to them. Then explained that What they thought was toned meant skinny and meatless. Then they went "defintition", which I added that that required them to stress their body to build muscle to give definition. When panicked about size, we walked through hormones such as testosterone and such and then protein intake plus having to be in a decent caloric surplus. Explained how even with all that it would take years to get "bulky" if done naturally. No one wakes up and realizes they went overboard the next morning. SO going back through basics and past emotional/ commercial programming of thought they did some number crunching, found their happy spot on calories and the foods they want them from, what their goal was and voila......off they went.

D.Tibbitt, TripleSix and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  11. DeereRunner97

DeereRunner97 Medium Load Member

Apr 18, 2019
    Ostrander, Ohio
    Between $1,700 to about $2,500. Depends on what package you order with all the extras and crap. They are definitely a wanted item, that’s for sure.

D.Tibbitt and TripleSix Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.