Mondelez?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by speedyk, Jul 23, 2018.

1. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Anyone have any comments on Mondelez driving and material handling in the southwest? Doesn't start that high, around 20/hr, wondering if there are places to go ad if it's the kind of company where it's worth going.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    If this is the Mondelez food company, then it doesn't look too hot to me, but that's just looking at the cover. Maybe it's a good gig?

Two things that concern me is under the description it stated that the schedule was "some hours will be early morning, weekends and holidays on an as needed basis."

And.........
    • Do you hate the gym? You’ll never need to go again! Why? You’ll be lifting, bending, carrying, pushing and pulling – way more fun than squats. All that with a fun, fast-paced environment.
    • Hate monotony of the same hours every day? Your schedule will flex according to deliveries.

TheyCallMeDave and speedyk Thank this.
  4. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Mondelez is Union. They also own Kraft/Nabisco. I use to see them a lot when I worked at IBC. A lot of people will get them mixed up with Kellogg's/Keebler...which recently got rid of they're private fleet DSD operations. They drive around with liftgates... palletized loads.

Union gig...so if you're antiunion...I wouldn't apply. Probaly start off as an extraboard floater before you land a bid run...which explains the odd hours. Free healthcare and OT after 8 or 40. DSD (Direct Store Delivery).

speedyk Thanks this.
  5. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Mondelez pays 24.55 for drivers and after a year 26.60 in florida.

Real overtime after 40. Days off are random, and schedule is random you will do LTL delivers or a shuttle/linehaul you don't know until the night prior around 8pm.

Shuttles are at night
    Deliveries can start as early as 3am.
    Main warhouse is out of Weston Florida.
    Good money #### work life balance

Sho Nuff and speedyk Thank this.
  6. speedyk

Apr 8, 2015
    Sounds like it's different depending on location. Appreciate all the replies. The current thing might yet work out, i keep looking out of habit and they did call back.

7. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    I was offered a position, but not having at least a weekly schedule is not for me.

Doing deliveries on Monday being done at noon, but then have the possibility of doing a shuttle the next day just isn't my cup of tea. The nice thing is you have 100% priority at all accounts no waiting to get checked in like typical dsd vendors.

At least this is how the South Florida regional manager runs the fleet

speedyk Thanks this.
  8. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Mondelez is a good paying job. They usually have the big Oreo Cookie on the side of the trucks.....

hero.jpg
    4704436474_fab2b4d3d3_b.jpg

Only problem with these Snack, bread, bakery type jobs is you never know who's gonna buy out who. Kraft and Nabisco use to have they're own private fleet...before Mondelez took over. Same with Kellogg's and Keebler, before they became one. Bimbo Bakeries took over Stroehman's private fleet. Same with Entehmans and Sara Lee. You start with one company...and it winds up being another...and what you thought was a good job...winds up being completely different when mergers and takeovers happen. A lot of the Kellogg's/Keebler drivers lost they're jobs when they got rid of they're private fleet. Even Bimbo Bakeries got rid of some of they're private fleet and using outside services...like Grocery Haulers...to deliver their loads. No stability in this industry what so ever... because you never know if another company is gonna take over.

9. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Isn't Grocery Haulers union also?
    See them running up & down i476 from Scranton to Philadelphia all the time in large packs, usually hauling Thomas muffin or Arnold bread trailers.

Seem to recall someone on here talking about running an (unnamed) easy breezy, 5 day week, home every night union food linehaul gig in the Philly area claiming they made $30 something+/hr & I assumed it was those guys but I don't know much of anything in the food or union world of transportation jobs.

What are the top food based companies to work for in your opinion?

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  10. Sho Nuff

Apr 9, 2015
    Grocery Haulers are Union. They use to do Pathmark and Superfresh before they went under. They have a big plant in Brenigsville. They started off Union, then Non Union, and now I think they went back to being Union. ACME/Albertsons owns Pathmark and Superfresh now, as well as A&P. Grocery Haulers moved over to the Bakery Industry hauling loads for Bimbo Bakeries now. Over in Jersey, they haul for Baker's Express.

Not sure about the $30 an hour Philly gig, but Wakfern/Food Haulers does ShopRite. Union gig also. They top out around $30. Easy work...but like most Union jobs, you have to put in your dues before you start making the real big bucks.

In my opinion, the best food gigs are working for a Grocery Private Fleet. Grocery Haulers, Food Haulers/ShopRite, ACME (which also does Safeway), SuperValu, and Wegmans. All average around $30 an hour top rate and all have the potential to make over $100k, with free healthcare and pension. Wegmans in Pottsville is Non Union, while Rochester is Union. ACME is run on trip rate. Same with SuperValu.

Those would be my pick, and they're not easy to get into...especially Food Haulers and Wegmans. You either have to have at least 5 years experience or know someone to get in.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    archangelic peon Thanks this.
  11. speedyk

Apr 8, 2015
    Out here there were tentatively offering 20-something to start, like a combo of handling and driver. No mention of representation, promotion, or even steady hours. It was like they weren't sure themselves, so perhaps more takeovers are coming.

The phone interview was with someone who was kind but struggled with English somewhat and we had a poor connection as well, I think they may have been using Skype from home. Didn't get hired anyway, thank you to all for the info and hopefully someone out east will benefit from it.

Sho Nuff Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.