More parts back ordered

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Cat sdp, Sep 18, 2021.

1. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Oh, oh, bad news for driveshaft twisters. Aside from u-joints, in all my years, I never abused a driveshaft.

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
  4. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Name brand or Chinese junk?

5. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    FedEx uses the Covid excuse to not honor their overnight promise
    I had a new water heater for the truck overnighted from Houston, took 4 days, it sat in Dallas 3 days, think they waited till the had a trailer load to send to OKC
    Buster Brown does better but don’t count on 10 am delivery.
    USPS was 5 days from Austin.

6. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Beggars can’t be choosers, if you blow one out and no one has ANY, then one guy does but it’s a Korean tire, you’ve got 2 choices.
    Take blown out tire off, leaving rim on (empty trailer/truck) and riding without loads, or put the other tire on and go about your business.
    And I’ve used some “Chinese Junk” tires and got better service then Bridgestones, last set of them never wore right, Dipping and pitting.
    Had Continentals put on steer once, and had a blow out on first trip with it.
    Tried Yokohama’s, didn’t like them on steers.
    Had Dunlop’s, one of them split around the bead half way around on the inside of the rim, just happened to see that when I was greasing the truck.
    I run Ironman I208s on drives, Synergy AP400 on trailers, and steers on one truck has Bridgestone r284s, (cascadia) and Michelin’s on the KW

7. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    How did this turn into a tire thread?:dontknow:

8. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Here's a Conspiracy theory for ya'll to think about ... did you ever stop to think about this..... Manufacturers took mental notes when the toliet paper issue started last year & how stupid some people act when they can't get something... so they decided to use the covid excuses to create their own storages to raise prices along with demand ?????
    Look at the Grocery store shelves now and food prices right now
    I promise you there is no storage of any foods right now .. but a can of soup that use to cost .98 now cost 1.98... and for what legitimate reason ?
    A water pump for a motor that cost 180.00 a year ago now costs 450 and you wait 30 days or they tell you they have no idea when or if you can get 1 so then you are willing to pay 600.00 for it .... ????

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2021
  9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    1st, I totally agree with you on your "toilet paper" conspiracy, I don't think it translates to driveshafts, though. What I think is happening, is more and more American companies that USED to make these things, are going ka-putt, and we're relying on overseas to pick up the slack, and therein lies the trouble. These "commie driveshafts", and other needed goods, could be sitting in a container in some God forsaken port, and nobody to haul it. We're in a heap o' trouble.
    I agree, toilet paper shortage my axx. I hauled TP out of Green Bay, and I've personally seen, literally MOUNTAINS of TP.
    Food too, people are pigs, I've personally been to food warehouses that could feed a small country for years and the absolute bottom line in all this, there are simply too many greedy people in the world today, perhaps out of necessity. I've long maintained, why sell them parts when we need to sell new trucks, not fix the old ones. THERE'S your conspiracy for ya'.

NYStarcar and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  10. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    I won't disagree with parts sitting in containers in BFE.. I kinda laugh to.myself when I hear people say they won't by Chinese junk .. because their is more products than not that might not be 100% China made but have alot of China parts in them....Hell I myself say that too

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  11. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Because it’s a forum, it’s impossible to stay on topic. ;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.