Mouse house!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TruckerVinny, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Start a list of potential medical bill write offs, list should include:
    • Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
    • Leptospirosis
    • Bordetellosis
    • Encephalomyocarditis
    • Pseudorabies
    • Salmonellosis
    • Swine dysentery
    • Swine erysipelas
    • Toxoplasmosis
    • Trichinosis

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerVinny

TruckerVinny Medium Load Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Ohio
    Moth balls, I am not sure I'm that surgical.

Honestly, this is the only negative I can say since day one. I was on a newbie high until I opened the door. They are working on getting it resolved. Other than the guest and the mess it's a decent truck for a '13.

Have to remember that Madison spot.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. David_Simpson

David_Simpson Medium Load Member

Feb 23, 2016
    yeah, i too was going to mention the Hantavirus, which can be deadly

5. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Well don't eat anything with sprinkles on it and those aren't sprinkles.

6. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I was gonna say, @sawmill ..... any advice on catching the moths, and what size scalpel to use? LoL.
    Stay safe, @TruckerVinny .... hope this works out for ya, man!

TruckerVinny Thanks this.
  7. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Some folks act like its the end of the world. It's just a mouse. No need to trade the truck in for a different one.

Around these parts, it's not uncommon at all to find evidence of mice if your truck has been sitting a day or two. Just use moth balls, rat poison, traps, or whatever. Get rid of them and keep on truckin.

Also, to the OP, if you have a CPA or other person who does your taxes, ask them about the kitty write-off, and then report back your findings, if you wouldn't mind.

Maybe I can dream up a reason to tax-deduct my dog...

8. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ^^ I'd go the kitty-route too, Vinny. They smell better than moth balls (in the bag) and no need for surgical removal of live ones, LoL!

Service cat, service dog, be creative!!!!!!!!!

9. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ^^^^ omg I DON'T mean a cat in the bag....the ballz! ( moth ones, not kitties! ) Let the cat OUT! Sheesh, I got nowhere with this fast; sorry I work nights, LoL.

street beater Thanks this.
  10. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    It may not be the end of the world, no driver starting with any company should have to deal with that, I sure and the hell wouldn't..

It's unacceptable for any company to put a driver in a truck that's trashed, specially with mice...

These companies have the money to have the trucks cleaned out properly so it's fresh for the next person...

The more drivers that let stuff like this slide, the more it will happen.

I wouldn't sleep in my house if I had a mouse or whatever until it was gone... Say what you want, that's just me...

Keep'em 18roll;ng and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  11. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Not a driver yet, but in my shop out here in the desert I use a homemade kind of trap that appears to catch every rodent.

Materials list; a tall narrow (so they can't jump out) wastebasket like for kitchen, a 24-30" length of dowel or light metal tubing, and a plastic jar with lid. Drill jar and lid so it goes over the rod. Cover jar lightly with peanut butter and slip it on the rod. Tuck one end of rod end in something to hold it horizontal and have the other end, with jar, hang over the wastebasket.

They will climb out to eat, the jar will turn out from under them, and they'll be captive in the wastebasket. If you want them dead, put water in the wastebasket. I prefer to support my local predator and always dump them in the same spot. I've had an owl swoop out of the darkness and gather one up right in front of me, which made it worth it for me.

Also agree about it not reflecting well on that company to issue you a dirty truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.