Mx 13 problem

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Anonymousproxy, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Having a recurring problem with this motor.
    Back in November I did my pretrip in 15 degree weather, with the winter front on, after a couple of minutes of moving after leaving my parking spot the fan came on, and a wrench symbol light came on, the speedometer dropped to 0, would not run past 1200 rpm or upshift. I pulling into another spot, shut it down, restarted and started moving again. Same thing. After calling dispatch I was told do not go anywhere but check into the petro shop where I was at. They hooked up the diagnostic and found nothing, but changed the cartridge in the Davco filter. After that it was 2 months of solid running. It was assumed by the shop that because it was still early fall that the truck stops hadn’t started treating the fuel yet and it was gelling up inside fuel filters.

this evening while running up north of Denver in 45 degree weather it started doing the same thing, only derating to 25 mph in rush hour traffic, after getting onto the shoulder with the four ways looking for a safe spot or and off ramp, it snapped back into normal running. After a few more miles it acted crazy again. No warning what so ever. I limped into a truck stop, called in and was told to call dispatch in the morning since they consider this a safety issue with the truck.

has anyone here have that problem? ‘19 paccar Mx 13.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. larry2903

larry2903 Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2009
    On the trails
  4. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Are you using a winter front that still allows some air through to properly cool charge air cooler?
    If it is completely blocked it can cause some issues. Not necessarily your exact problem.

5. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
  6. Anonymousproxy

Mar 2, 2015
    So far they’ve been pouring through the entire computer system on the trucks and finding codes that go inactive as soon at they pop up.

as for the winter front I didn’t have in installed on the truck at the time of the latest episodes and I had clear 45 degree weather.

uncleal13 Thanks this.
  7. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    Has it been verified that software is up to date for PMCI, EAS, VECU, etc?

Cat sdp and pushbroom Thank this.
  8. Anonymousproxy

Mar 2, 2015
    I don’t know... they’ve had at least 3 techs working on this this, even getting Kenworth factory techs involved... they know it’s in the harness or one of the computers.

9. larry2903

larry2903 Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2009
    On the trails
    Chassis communication harness, I had similar problems with a 15 T660. Took a week to diagnose with Kenworth involved and another week to get the harness and install it.

10. Anonymousproxy

Mar 2, 2015
    Turns out that’s the case with mine, where the Qualcomm plugs in. Unfortunately they will have to swap the load out from under me because the broker was screaming her head off at me & the company over it.

Trucker61016, larry2903 and Cat sdp Thank this.
  11. Anonymousproxy

Mar 2, 2015
    Well.... finally got it fixed... turns out it was the Qualcomm cable.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.