My experience with Dynamic Transit

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by hotrod1653, Jan 6, 2018.

1. localyokal

localyokal Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Michigan
    I did read about the issue with sitting for a few days in the reviews from drivers on Google. I'm wondering if its happening in certain parts if the country as opposed to others.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. asphaltcowboy4x4

asphaltcowboy4x4 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2018
    mar my company I run flatbed I have never sat waiting on a load in a little over two years been working here no matter where I’m at I do get a reset in every weekend 34 hours we run hard all week so idk must be a reefer thing

4. localyokal

localyokal Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Michigan
    That kinda stuff usually happens when they run out of there main freight lanes and cant find a decent broker load. When that happens the driver pays the price

5. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    I talked to dynamic transit they say they use a lot of the same customers and freight is good and reliable so idk I don’t work there

6. DADof3

DADof3 Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    I was there 4 months. First month was great! Second month was ok. It was the last 2 months that killed my bank account. I ran out of savings to pay child support and had to leave.

They run mostly direct freight. There are some variables, but mostly you’re gonna pick up dry freight and head west from St. Louis then bring back usually temp controlled, and repeat. They run a lot of dry. I had some broker loads here and there. Leaving the St. Louis area isn’t a problem. It’s the return load that gets you. They send a boat load of drivers into an area where there is nothing coming out of.

I noticed there are a lot of things that people whine about, but won’t dare put out here. I get the feeling the office watches, and they track down who it is and those are punished. Just a theory.

People kiss Fred’s like he’s a god. It’s kinda creepy, like watching people in North Korea when talking about dear leader. I met Fred twice and thought he was a narcissistic ### myself. But he isn’t there much and really didn’t make a difference in my world. People get hung up on them trucks. They are base model Pete’s with a gauge package and they have the motor choked back. They even told us in orientation the trucks are gutless. Yes you can put just about anything (chrome, lights, etc) but the shop does it, YOU will pay for it out of your pocket, you don’t get that money back, and when you get out of that truck for any reason it stays with the truck.

For fuel you are given a sheet of all their fuel stops. Mostly Loves. You pick up in St. Louis and can only have half a tank or you’ll be over gross. Head west across 70. Your fuel light is coming in before you hit the Sapp Bros in Junction City, KS where you will stop and only be able to get 100 gallons. That will get you to Pueblo, CO, where you will again be pulling in on fumes. Over half the time you can’t really fill up because the equipment is so heavy, and you’re running dry van freight, to gross out a dry van, but in a reefer. You do a lot of 50 and 100 gallons here and there, always pulling in on fumes.

7. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    so where you at now and is it better than dynamic? I was under the impression it was a great company maybe I’m wrong idk where u at now ?

8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I see probably 3-5 dynamic trucks a day running 84 East out of Oregon.

9. DADof3

DADof3 Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Clarksville, TN
    Well a great company is subjective to who ever is taking about it. There are people who love Dynamic. I thought they were ok despite all the crap I mentioned above, but I wouldn’t personally say great by no means. When I went to Dynamic I was between them, Big G Express, and JCT. I chose Dynamic. It didn’t work out. Then went to Big G. Loved it there. I’d say over all one of the top 3 companies I’ve ever worked for. They just have low pay for are an ESOP. Really the only negative I could find worth crying about was the .47 com for a flawless record and 15 years of driving. Was there 6 months and having a hard time paying my child support.

So I left and came to JCT. JCT is one of the other top 3 in my book. I almost wished I came here first, but at least now I already know what Dynamic and Big G are about. Definitely wished I’d came here a long time ago. Got the other two out of my system so to speak, so I won’t be wondering about them. I personally love it here at JCT, but we have people who hate it. Most people who do bad mouth them from what I’ve seen, are people who failed at this lease purchase deal. You get to talking to them and you will discover they have no idea how to run a business in the first place.

They tear up 84 to the Stanfield, OR area. That’s one of the places you go where they have a lot of loads going in, but then about 7-10 trucks will be sitting at the Pilot after delivery waiting. Always did a 34 if I ever laid eyes on that Pilot. The longest was 57 hours.

asphaltcowboy4x4 Thanks this.
  10. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    When I ran with them they did Neelys landing MO P&G to Clackamas OR then Hermiston back east to Owensboro KY or Yakima to Louisville.

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  11. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    how long ago was that was the pay good where you at now? It’s bett3r?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.