My experience with PAM

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Dixiegypsy, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Dixiegypsy

Dixiegypsy Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2018
    So I'm about six months in and I remember when I was looking at getting into trucking I scoured the Web looking for info. So I thought I'd post and tell someone who might be in that situation what I really think of PAM.
    I think it's pretty good honestly. I've had many jobs in my time and this is far and away the best. I've read a lot about people claiming they only make 300 a week and well, it's probably because you're not very good at your job. I had a few hard weeks right at the start, but the last 3 months they've really been running me ragged, in a good way.
    They put me through school, they put me in a brand new international truck with a refrigerator and an automatic transmission, and most weeks I run about 6000 miles between me and my teammate. The teaming thing is hard, but it's hard for the other guy too and if you make an effort to make it work then you'll be fine.
    I remember reading that pam operated mostly on the east coast and that's just not what I've seen. I've been literally everywhere except the Pacific Northwest and I spend most of my time going between texas and california and it's great. At least once a week I'm able to stop for half a day and pursue my choice of activities, you get to eat at lots of great places. If you like to drive, it's a great route to be on. It's just wide open for 1500 miles across the desert. I mean, you have to slow down a bit in El paso but you do that run one time and you won't want to run up i95 anymore lol.
    I don't regret my choice of going with PAM and i encourage you to take the step if you're thinking about it.
    If anyone reads this and has personal knowledge of PAMS lease/purchase program I would appreciate a no bs review of it

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
  4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I started with PAM too, get your training in and complete your commitment and move on,

joesmoothdog and austinmike Thank this.
  5. Dixiegypsy

Mar 14, 2018
    Yeah, I like the look of rsvp international, but you gotta have a truck.

6. Dixiegypsy

Mar 14, 2018
    Thanks for the feedback. You are truly a gentleman and a scholar

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    He must drive for Road Scholar:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Aren't their trucks choked at 65mph? So "running wide open across the desert" at 65? Sounds like fun! Sign me up!!!!

Seriously though, they're a starter company. Get seat time and move to greener pastures. You're still in the honeymoon phase. And while you may be happy, that will change as you become more experienced. The runs will be shorter, and they will pick apart any little screw up, in an effort to get rid of you. Then they bring in a new recruit, along with the appropriate government subsidy, and repeat the process. That's pretty much their business model

Bro_Dave Thanks this.
  9. Dixiegypsy

Mar 14, 2018
    Nah there's actually a glitch where, if you set the cruise control going down a hill it will hold that speed until you take it off. Cr England never had a chance.

389driver and rbrtwbstr Thank this.
  10. Drivingotr4life

Drivingotr4life Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Say waaaaaat

11. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Well you better stay put of the company shops. Cause sooner or later, soneon WILL plug onto your comp data port. See that and say wtf and reprogram it. Or even just while doing standard upgrades it will get reprogrammed. You won' no till you try to set the cruise and it says no way Jose "you gonna drive 65.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.