My IFTA account is flagged

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by m16ty, Aug 11, 2022.

1. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I can understand the IRS dipping tanks, part of the tax we all pay on fuel is federal after all. Taking control of IFTA makes no sense at all, on the surface. the Feds are going to get their tax money anyway, regardless of what state you buy fuel in. There is no reason for the Feds to collect tax data by states, other than a shear power grab. You watch, next thing we will know it will all be controlled by the IRS, they will collect all the money, and then they will distribute a portion of it back to the states. One thing you can bet on though, it will cost truckers more money, and they will be able to hold the money from states that don't behave like the Feds want them to.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Hopefully with a change in the presidency in 2024 he can make do on his promise to schedule F and fire a lot of worthless federal beaureacrats, starting with the 87,000 IRS agents. I dont even think the population of the county I live in is 87,000. Who the #### just hires 87,000 people with somebody else's money like that?

4. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    Well, it is the International Fuel Tax Agreement. Maybe when other countries are involved there a need for federal participation?

I'm not defending them, but I sure don't miss Bingo Cards and having to deal with each state individually.

5. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I agree, IFTA is a great system, compared with having to deal with every state individually. I just don’t trust the IRS. Also, this seems to be something new, I’ve sent in a zero sum report before and it hasn’t been flagged. All the research I’ve done mentions nothing of the IRS being involved in IFTA. It’s just the perceived secrecy of the whole thing makes me think wonder.

I’ve got a email in to the state IFTA office for clarification. I don’t expect a reply, but the state people are usually helpful and forthcoming.

cke, Feedman, D.Tibbitt and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    I must say that the folks working for our state are pretty good as well, for a government bureaucracy.

cke, m16ty and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010

8. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    I’ll help you all out.
    Just send me your money, I’ll conveniently. misplace it and the paperwork too.

Then tell you it’ll be taken care of, knowing it won’t be.

Ruthless, rollin coal, m16ty and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    International includes "Canada and I think Mexico.

cke and Oxbow Thank this.
  10. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    I believe you are correct.

cke Thanks this.
  11. Oxbow

Oxbow Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Idaho
    Will you take a check?

cke and Vampire Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.