My Mercer Experience 8-31-15

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by BulletProof, Sep 5, 2015.

1. BulletProof

BulletProof Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I haven't worked a week yet

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    How often do you plan on getting home?

BulletProof Thanks this.
  4. TaylorMade407

TaylorMade407 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    A lot of questions...... Let the man run a little then come back and ask away

Boy Howdey, Allan M and BulletProof Thank this.
  5. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I told them I wanted to be home every weekend and through the house once a week. Judging by the loads, I shouldn't have a problem doing that. This week is an anomaly. My wife is going to the beach with her mom Thursday and won't be back until next Tuesday so I told them I would stay out until next wednesday. I've never spent more than 2 days in a truck before. So far I'm having a blast other than my a/c problem today.

A/c compressor was replaced 3 months ago because it was locked up. 2 weeks ago it started getting hot again. My low side shrader valve was leaking. The shop didn't have one so I told them to charge it and put o-rings in the caps until I could find some. Well it got hot again today. Stopped at a loves and told the guy what I needed and handed him the shrader valves. He looked at me cluelessly. Long story short, he broke the old ones off in the J block. Guess what they didn't have. A J block. Closest one was at a dealer 60 miles awa . He tried to charge me 75 cents a mile to go get it plus the $155 for the part then $200 for vacand charge. I told him where to go. I drove to the dealer and got the part. They don't have time to put it on and I have to be in Chicago at 9:30am. So here I sit at a TA just north of Indianapolis about to spend $400 more to get them to put the block on and charge the a/c.

6. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I don't mind answering but I can only answer what I know so far.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  7. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Thanks... Sorry to hear about your AC... Tomorrow it's supposed to be mid 70's during the day and mid 50's during the night so without AC you should be ok... Not sure but if your going to michigan I imagine the weather will be even cooler going north...

8. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    I'm just north of Indianapolis now getting the a/c fixed headed to chicago. Deliver in the morning then pick up in Forrest park heading to east Jordan Michigan. This heat needs to give up. I know I'm an Alabama boy and I'm used to the 95 degree heat and ridiculous humidity but it's time for summer to give up and let fall roll on in. In 3 months I'll be back on here complaining about the cold. I'm a truck driver. I can't be pleased ;)

77fib77 and CJndaTruck Thank this.
  9. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    This was my first load. No picture of the 2nd one yet. Been too busy today

Attached Files:

10. BulletProof

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    Load #2. Delivered to an apartment building being refurbished down town chicago. Waiting on them to finish lunch and get this off of me so I can get over to Franklin park and head to Michigan

Attached Files:

whoopNride and HalpinUout Thank this.
  11. TaylorMade407

TaylorMade407 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    Nice. Me and another mercer driver are headed to GA with some insulation outta PA

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.