Need 8 hour work schedule

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Hauler_bowler, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Hauler_bowler

Hauler_bowler Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Wanna start College. Need 8 hour shift. Is it possible in local trucking world???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    No, it is not.

bryan21384, x1Heavy, Lepton1 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Sure it’s possible. Check into local mail runs, Check casual positions at LTL, also check Driver leasing companies. Roadway used to keep Casuals at 8 hrs a day local. Send a car with new Driver out and switch while Trucks sitting at a dock.

austinmike, Sho Nuff and ibcalm19 Thank this.
  5. Hauler_bowler

Nov 5, 2018
    Why???

6. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    Actually, there are part-time drivers they are few and far between. some will even help pay for your college but nothing is free to keep this in mind. normally you need find something local, and most likely a mega carrier have constant loads, maybe try a construction company needs a water truck driver or dump truck.

Tell us your location maybe Chinatown can help you.

7. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Yes at fast food joints.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  8. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    I want to do something similar but I'm thinking of a different kind of schedule you may want to consider. Since a lot of colleges have most of their classes M - Th you could look for a part time driving job that runs Thursday evening through Sunday night leaving Monday morning through Thursday afternoon open for classes. That could possibly even open you up for regional "out-and-back" weekend runs if you can find a company that runs that way.

Hauler_bowler Thanks this.
  9. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    You have to go look its all here, just go find it,,,start with a city, More help with a little geographical info. Someone mentioned mail contractors, most of them have shorter days than freight jock's.

10. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    It's possible you just have to find a company that can accommodate you. It can be challenging at times because if you know trucking it doesn't always go the way you expect it to. I would looking into yard jockeying at night at least you know the set & start times. All the best to you in your goals

11. Hauler_bowler

Nov 5, 2018
    I am in Chiland western burbs. I already am with a mail contractor. But she gives me a really messed up schedule 1 day of the week she makes me work night and the next day makes me wotk days.
    My circadian rhythm and sanity are all over the #### place.

So she don't give a stable predictable schedule.

Only people willing to take me in at 7mos experience are CTI (YEAH with yellow trucks and trailers). Haven't heard good things about em.

OR JB Hunt but I hate CPM. It's a scam.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.