Never Should Have Switched from Android

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by slim6596, Dec 8, 2018.

1. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    My wife bought me an iPhone 8 Plus a while ago when my Motorola Moto X Pure started glitching on a regular basis. Nothing really wrong with it, but apparently I’m not an iPhone guy. I just don’t like it.
    Next week, I’m swapping a guy my phone for his Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Can’t wait to get back to Android.

Dave_in_AZ, laaylor and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't particularly care for Apple's constant fencing off everything to specifically themselves. Even to where options are removed from you physically with some of their phones etc.

Andriod is the best path forward at the moment. Ive got a crappy 20 dollar phone. But am working on that problem. My life does not depend on that phone thankfully. It sits on the desk constantly waiting to be used in text etc. Otherwise I use the computer relay for outbound calls myself.

Life line is what I use. It solves a constant 40 dollar a month expense for constantly being capped at 500 texts, 350 voice minutes (Which I don't use) and that is lost and replaced each month. Internet is virtually unlimited.

ATT has a program in which you pay 10 a month for home internet as a form of life line as well. With the top service I get it's superior to andriod or Iphone and I can incur a terabyte of traffic each month, (My Burn is about 200 gigabyte per month at the packet level) without being throttled. Which means many posts whoo hoo. (Teasing.)

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. ClassB

ClassB Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Syracuse, New York
    Smart choice. Im easy going with tech and dont need the best. My phone was $43

Dave_in_AZ and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You would think they can slap android onto computers for desktop, laptop etc. by now. Tie it all in. The phones and tech are getting pretty good.

I like cameras in general. A passing interest. But phone cameras are getting to where it's pretty close to if not better than some already.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  6. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I used Apple products for the last eight years. I liked them, but they are just getting way too expensive.
    Last December I was going to get a new 27" iMac, but $2,400 made me switch to a Windows PC I built my self for $1,200.
    Then last month, even with a two year contract my carrier wanted $600 for a new iPhone, so I got a LG G7 One for $100.
    Like it so far.

Dave_in_AZ, slim6596 and Jazz1 Thank this.
  7. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    I only have Apple. My MacBook Pro is 10 years old, when the hard drive went last year the tech installed a used one he had that was a upgrade for $40. Apple is expensive but the longevity seems to be worthwhile. I have iPhone 6S, my second iPhone.
    My previous LG phone went through the washer and dryer. There was some moisture in screen so i did not try to use it. Set the phone on my gas stove(always warm) for 4 days until screen cleared and then used it for 2 more years without issue.

Dave_in_AZ, laaylor and uncleal13 Thank this.
  8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I've always been an Android guy...when I was in high school, I took data processing courses (now it's called IT training, this was back when the Macintosh was 1st produced) I learned back then about what an absolute d-bag Steve Jobs was...how, if he didn't posses the knowledge to develop something, he hired the person that could, then kick them to the curb once he got what he wanted. I vowed back then that I would never own anything Apple.

Everyone thinks Apple was this genius company for being the first in developing all this fancy graphics and user interface software, but Xerox had it first. A lot of devoted Apple users moans and whine about Samsung supposedly copying Apple, but none say anything about Apple copying Xerox.

I use an old Note 4, simply because it's got the last Android version where FoxFi works so I wirelessly tether it to my blueray player and watch Netflix on my downtime (along with surfing the web, AND can be talking on the phone....all at the same time). Or tether it to my tablet or PC when I need to do some large spreadsheet work that my phone screen is too small for longterm use. (I'm old, my eyes aren't what they use to be).

My wife's Note 8 has 2 channel bluetooth capability so, when she is at her farmers market, she can be streaming music to a portable speaker with one channel and talking to vendors with her headset on the other, all from the same phone. Not sure if Apple can do that...plus, I have been able to customize my app icons where I want them on my screen, in any order for years. For a long time, on iPhone, it put things on the screen in the order it chose, and they were immovable. In fact, I use a customizable app launcher instead of the default one so I can change the size and layout of my apps on the screen...including using custom icons for the apps themselves.

androidpee-1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  9. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    I got the note 9 and I love mine!

Dave_in_AZ and slim6596 Thank this.
  10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    The problem with this though is Apple anymore is no different than say Lenovo, Dell business class, etc.
    They use all the same parts, made at the same factories, using the same methods for quality control.
    As for the hard drive being replaced... Well that's one of the major complaints with Apple nowadays. Everything is glued and/or soldiered on. There is no way to replace hard drives, ram, cpu, gpu, etc.

Jazz1 Thanks this.
  11. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Me too! I love all my Apple products!

LoSt_AgAiN and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.