New Carrier --- Help please

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by EDMMM, Nov 20, 2019.

1. EDMMM

EDMMM Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2019
    I have a truck in Laredo with frozen beef in it.
    He has been there since 5am.
    We are waiting on Mexican truck to get there so they can crossdock it.
    Broker is telling me Mexican truck is on its way but the warehouse in Laredo is telling me that customer has not yet sent the truck over. I have to reload this truck out of Laredo but this broker is not helping.
    I call him to ask him for help and he just sits there in silence.
    WHAT CAN I DO IN THIS TYPE OF SITUATION?
    Am I allowed to look for a warehouse to go deliver this to? Do I just sit here and wait? What should I do?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike250rs

Mike250rs Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    Start asking broker for detention pay.

4. EDMMM

EDMMM Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2019
    He says he doesnt pay detention until after 12 hrs.

5. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I haven’t been to Laredo in years, but 10-12hr or more wait times weren’t unusual. If you drop it at a cold storage, you’ll be the one paying to get it to the crossdock and any other fees.

6. Mike250rs

Mike250rs Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    Kinda what I was thinking, but I haven't done the Laredo rodeo in 10ish years. Last time my paperwork wasn't correct. Took an extra day and a $300 bribe to have a guy "fix" it.

062 Thanks this.
  7. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    It’s been about that long since I’ve been down there. Laredo is on their own time. If the truck isn’t there first thing in the morning,which for them is 9-12. It probably will not be there until after 20:00.

8. BRS1955

BRS1955 Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Kentucky
    Dangerous situation! If u r there over the 12 hours try to make sure you get the time u arrived and the time u got unloaded on the BILLS when they sign them. you will need it to work on the broker to get what ever u can get for detention time. Hopefully u will get unloaded before the 12 hours r up. good luck to you...

9. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Sounds like the standard "dance" at SR Forwarding. Show up at 5am. Check in and move inside the fenced yard. 8 to 9, somebody comes to check what load you have. Then around noonish the Mexican food inspector shows up and he decides which loads he inspects in what order. After your load is cleared, SR FWD then calls Mexico and orders a truck to transload. If your lucky, the truck is on the US side already. Then another couple of hours til they start the transload. Finally about 5-6 pm you are done, but it is too late to reload, so you go fight your way into one of the fine truckstops at exit 13.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.