New Cascadia bluetooth/radio problem

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TheDude1969, Jul 5, 2016.

1. TheDude1969

TheDude1969 Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Joliet, Il
    So I was pairing/syncing my Android to the radio, and I got a connection where it showed on my phone. It wouldn't play songs though. So I left it alone, figuring its something I could fix after the weekend. Today I get B/T module error across the radio screen, and phone will not pair.

I realize, there is a difference in talk(phone) and media but I don't know how to access it in the phone or radio. Neither seem to give me the option, and nothing in the radio's instructions about it.

Anyone else with this problem? or just have Frieghtliner give me new radio?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Idaho noob

Idaho noob Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I have a 2015 cascadia and no issues with the Bluetooth. However I find it much easier to just use a 3.5mm cable so my headset stays synced properly to the phone.

Does yours have the "Delphi" head unit?

If so. Hold the phone button and sync your phone once it's paired you need to push the button "SRC" and find Bluetooth audio on the head unit.

Make sure your phones audio is maxed out all the way or its super quiet.

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I have a 579 Pete so I doubt the settings are the same, but every time I turn off the truck I have to switch the radio from aux to bluetooth the next time I start it. In mine I just go into my trucks touch screen audio settings an hit the bluetooth and it re-pairs. I did have to turn off the 'phone' in it's settings because my truck has built in hands free.

TheDude1969 and Idaho noob Thank this.
  5. Idaho noob

Idaho noob Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2015
    I didn't state that but I s well have to usually set it back to Bluetooth audio after I shut off the truck. And it takea 30seconda to a minute for the Bluetooth to do its thing once the deck comes on.

Which is why I just use a 3.5mm cable to front aux now its instant and no hassle.

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  6. Tai

Tai Medium Load Member

The problem with 3.5mm over bluetooth is I can't use the next track button on my steering wheel via 3.5mm.

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  7. TheDude1969

Jun 10, 2013
    Joliet, Il
    Sorry I didn't see a name brand Delphi or any other on the face (and I don't recall what name was on the manual). I pressed the SRC button through USB, AUX, then get to Bluetooth and wait a second then I get module error message. I also pressed the phone button on the radio, held it 10-30sec everything I could think of short of patting my head while rubbing my belly to get into some sort of pairing sequence, but no luck.

At this point I'm out of ideas, so I'll just pass this problem to Penske, and Frieghtliner.

Thanks everyone

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    You turn the battery switch off and wait 5 minutes. It'll come back.

It might take longer, i don't know. Everytime i tried to pair more then one device i would lose the one device i had. Battery switch always fixed me back up.

As far as playing songs, I do beleive you actually have to activate it on the radio. The phone may be connected but media isn't till the radio is activated. Meaning it's set to play media.

There's a 2 page yellow pamphlet that came with my truck brand new. The instructions are easy but the radio is NOT. FL won't give you a new radio. They'll just say operator error. Learn how it works.

I don't work for the company anymore so i don't drive the truck anymore. So my instructions might be a little off as far as connecting. But the battery switch always fixed my sync dillema, every time i tried to connect more then one device to the radio. Supposedly you could hook 6 different devices using the 6 buttons. But i never had any luck syncing more then one. I also never had any luck ERASING the one i did have working. So i could try a different device. Not that i really needed anyways.

Like i said, the radio is a real PITA and doesn't work accordingly as per the pamphlet.

Try the battery switch and see what happens. The only time i used it was when home for the weekend or the one night during the week. So i have no idea on how much time needs to pass for the radio to reset it's bluetooth connection. So if you don't need the batteries for your 10 hour sleeper break. That be a good time to shut the battery switch off.

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  9. TheDude1969

Jun 10, 2013
    Joliet, Il
    So today, I throw all my junk in the truck and pre-trip it. And I go to change radio station I see a satellite signal, and Bluetooth mark lit on the display. I think wtf, but needed to get going no time to mess with it. I get a phone call, grab my headset and nothing, missed the call trying to figure out what the problem is.

I pull off, and get my ear piece re-paired, and do my thing for the rest of the night. All I can gather from this is the radio and ear piece can't both be active within range of the phone at the same time. So this bugged me all night, and once the load was complete I had to play with it.

What I found was my Android wasn't a very smart phone, it paired but with phone and media disabled, as if the radio/hands free phone, was some other gadget that needed neither. I turned on media, and left the talk off... didn't work so well, media worked fine. But phone call came through the speakers, and I had no way to respond. And I still have not ruled out the radio as bad, since it did have an error message.

For anyone looking at this thread for help... Take Idaho's advice and use the aux cable, and snowwy's... this radio is a PITA.

Good luck!

10. Tai

Tai Medium Load Member

So are you trying to use your headset as your hands free device and the radio as a media device?

Sounds like you need to pair both. Set the headset with talk on media off and stereo to talk off media on.

Sorry I'm taking some guesses here since I don't use android myself.

archangelic peon and TheDude1969 Thank this.
  11. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    The radios don't accept more then one connection.

TheDude1969 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.