So far, been a month... besides the thrilling experience of my first day and qualcomm going out for a large amount of drivers including myself things have been largely smooth sailing.
I do have some experienced possibly mechanic leaning questions though so i don't ruin this 2022 579 Peterbilt if someone can help out...
1. If my engine is running and i look at my coolant should it be in middle, max, min?
2. Is the engine oil really supposed to be darker than the inside of a coffin on a moonless night? I ask because my car looks clear as water but not so much this truck.... asked other drivers and they say yea that's just how it is. Btw its on 10w30 synthetic at 40k miles.
3. Winter question, but how does this Espar work... I've looked up what it is and understand is like an emergency heater kind of but when i press buttons on it it does nothing... does engine have to be shutdown before it will activate?
4. Is it even worth bothering with having your cb cal'd if the antenna is stuck behind your #### cab?
5. I am a very defensive driver in that.... well i won't slow down to 15mph on a 35mph twist but i have been trying to learn the proper timing to use my Jake and so far only Virginia (i think, this all runs together) has provided a use in conjunction with my brakes....... my question is are there downfalls to using the Jake brake say.. in rain or snow?
Thanks for any and all help, stay safe drivers!