New Knight thread-bad times? Or not?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by tracyq144, Jun 19, 2009.

1. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    So if a load paid at the bottom of the scale gets dropped. The next driver does not get paid the adjusted scale for their portion of the miles? I got on my cellphone and checked into this. Was told you worked for a lazy dispatcher. The dispatcher is supposed to re-dispatch the load after it has been dropped and it should show the origin where you pu the load and not the shipper. It should not say prepln and should have the mty and loaded miles you will be running on the load. What ever those add up to should be the scale you are paid.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ssbowles

ssbowles Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2007
    High Desert,CA
    So, what did driver #1 get paid for the load then, if they're paying you all the milesfrom origin to consignee? I've had the preplan come across with the original shipper instead of the yard where I'm picking up the trailer. But they always adjust it when they actually dispatch you on the load.

4. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    what about the charging of people for having empties and/or dropping loaded trailers on the asphalt. something tells me they're getting even more desperate for money. yes, finding an empty in the phoenix area is a pain, but not impossible if you know where to look and at the best time. then the so-cal empty bullcrap. nothing like being hounded by ren, randy (that one bimbo chick), and just about everybody else who isn't my boss. if you need an empty while i have one, and your boss is calling/harassing me for the empty i have, they're going to get an earful of profane language. there's no way in hell i'm going to drop it somewhere, drive across la county, or san bernardino, riverside county, to pick up another empty, and drive back to where i need to pick up.

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  5. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Oh hey this just in, Knight gets $75 an hour detention pay.

6. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Your kidding me right ? It's more in the line of "2 hours free then $250 per hour after that" Thats why their always on you to send those macros in.

Truck ordered not used ? A common charge in the trucking world. Probably in the neighborhood of $750.

I don't know if Knights contracts are available online but many companies are. Schneider, you should see the money make on things that don't include mileage. NYC $500, stop pay $250 per, a load that requires you to sit and wait for an appointment..more than you see in a week. It goes on and on and meanwhile Knight and the rest of the mega junk haulers will ensure you bring home 250-300 bucks EVERY week ! Think about that the next time you wait two weeks to get your 15 bucks of stop pay after begging for it.

7. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Seriously, where can I see that info???

8. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    truckerdave1970 Thanks this.
  9. livinlife

livinlife Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Nevada
    Is the transportation or the refridgerated side you all are talking about?

10. bigblue19

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    You had to beg? You really need to specify which terminal you worked out of because your making my friend who works for knight wonder which terminal did all these egregious things to you. She says she just did a 4 stop pu in La for Macy's in Houston TX and was sent the po for the 3 xtra stop offs when she put in her arrival at stop off before dropping load in Fontana.

11. bigblue19

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    250-300 Every week? Well I only talk to 1 knight driver on a regular basis so my survey is far from scientific. But her e-mail says she left the yard on 4/5 and was paid .44 per mile to take a load from Tukwila Wa to Port Townsend Wa 116 pmls. Then went from there to Pico Rivera Ca with a 1189 mile run at .35 pmls. Then did a 4 stop pu in LA dropped in Fontana that paid 122miles at .44 pmls and $45 stop pay. Pu a load there to Renton Wa at .35pmls. DH'd to Fairview OR arriving around noon 4/11 to pu a load to Lewiston ID D/H and return to Seattle tonight.
    Over 3k in miles and $1200 for the week.

Now this does not happen EVERY week but her income has never been in the 250-300 range at Knight in 2.5 years with the company. In fact she has never been at the top of the board in Seattle in miles or pay but has never made less then $800 gross in a week at Knight.

When you use words like all and every and mega junk-hauler because you finally got some small outfit to hire you and got the giddy up in your step back. Your proclivity to exaggerate the facts makes your posts easily retorted or overlooked as emotional rantings.

There is plenty to criticize knight about without embellishments (and thats being kind)Knight needs showers and free coffee at all of their terminals, they need to have the shops and terminals open more hours. they need more dispatchers that have trucking backgrounds etc.. etc... But a 250-300 every week junk hauler? thats just pathetic misinformation.:biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.