New Mack Anthem

Discussion in 'Mack Forum' started by larry2903, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Yawdog

Yawdog Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2019
    I cant stand this truck I have a 2019 Anthem gold bull dog this is by far the worst truck I have ever drove in my 20 years in trucking. There is no room ur cramped up in every aspect of driving this truck you have to reach for everything including turn signals. The mirrors are very poorly placed and every time you turn they block the road. I have almost got into many accidents because I couldn't see a car that was block by the mirrors. You cant stretch your arm out all the way to drive your arm is always bent. The brakes suck there is no easing into them you push the pedal and then push it harder and then push even harder and then you push so hard that the truck makes an abrupt stop. The transmission is slow and sluggish. And dont even try to get this thing out in the snow. Buy far the worst truck I have ever drove. Not to mention that it is impossible to keep this thing centered in your lane at HWY speeds.

Snailexpress and Wespipes Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Found a mack anthem mid roof. Hell of a deal. Mp8 505 hp. 2018. I have zero experience with Mack's or even volvos. So very hesitant. Hard to find any real info on them too

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The company I work for bought 50. We have had such horrible problems with them, they aren't buying any more. A lot of electrical issues, transmission issues, and overall fit and finish issues. Headlight assembly problems are big problems too. Since they are LED lights, the whole assembly has to be replaced. If it isn't under warranty it is something like $800 per light. I personally wouldn't own one if they gave it to me...I would trade it for a used apple cart

Wespipes Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs