New Mandate Is Terrible !!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by freight-time, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    And it your own mind set that is making you feel pressured and drive faster. It's your choice same as it was before just now you don't have the cheat option.
    I have been there and made time available when I needed to on paper logs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    It In my mind? If I run like I use to, I do t make it. I'm short by 1/2-1 hr. Run harder I make it. Nobody makes me. But at the end of it I'm home 4 days after 10 on the road. Or now 3 days after 11. Same money, less home time. Not happy at all.

special-k Thanks this.
  4. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Thank you for your kind words it’s much appreciated.
    Really what I have been able to accomplish during my life anyone can do with hard work and a little luck.
    The biggest problem is the mounds of mandates and regulations placed on hard working small business people today.
    Every year it gets harder and harder for people to achieve there own America dream because of this.
    I happen to be fortunate enough that I started my journey in the early eighties when there was a whole lot less government intrusion and my business models were able to flourish because of this.
    It is really sad and upsetting to me that good hard working small business people today have such a hard up hill battle with all this regulation we have today.
    But on another note there is hope with the new administration we have that seams to be more friendly to small business.

I believe that this forum is not a place to berate others who have different opinions and should be used to exchange information and help one another.
    I am glad there are many on here who are always willing to use there experience to help anyone who asks.
    I am personally great full for all the knowledge I have gained from the many professional experiences of the members on here.
    I have always believed in and lived by the phrase “when you get where going always turn back around and help the next one in line”

chimbotano Thanks this.
  5. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Stop being childish and insulting posters. Show some of that discipline you claim you have and quite whining because you now have to drive legal. You must think you are the ONLY OO on this forum.

Get over yourself.

longbedGTs Thanks this.
  6. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Well, you are in the O/O subforums.

Lepton1 and chimbotano Thank this.
  7. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Very proud!!!

8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    If only we could go back to 1999. And hear how Werner felt about the pos you all love so much. I remember nobody would work for them because of that and the 50 mph governor.

9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Gotta love the "I have been inspected many times, no problems" crowd. Hope it stays that way but we will know for sure after May 2018 when full enforcement begins.

Indiana is one state that has come out and said truckers must be On Duty all time spent at shippers and receivers as per the green book regulations.

Understand, these states stand to lose MILLIONS of dollars from the old paper log fines in this new environment. They will be going over your logs very closely now looking for those Edits and questioning every one of them. The trucker producing over 2200 miles a week will be looked upon as a high criminal.

10. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I don't need to clarify anything for you. Look it up in the dictionary. Sheep? Your clueless.

ladr Thanks this.
  11. TruckRunner

TruckRunner Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2017
    It was carefully designed to hurt independent drivers so that corporations can control the entire trucking industry. I saw this happen in my last career where the billion dollar corporations offered so much at little to no cost that I could no longer compete. They had millions of customers paying one dollar where I had to charge $10 to my 10,000 customers to stay in business. The goverment no longer prevents monopolies.

freight-time Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.