New to Prime INC - What to expect (Springfield edition)

Discussion in 'Prime' started by silenteagle, Dec 6, 2012.

1. lip zee

lip zee Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2016
    At Prime now, shortened week, arrived Tuesday at 2 pm, did my CBT's from 5:30 pm to 10:30 pm to completion. Wednesday We were broken into groups and went through the onboarding stages: Drug Screen, physical, Apex, and SIM lab for 3 hours is what I finished. Day ended at 5:30 pm. Today, Thursday, after a pre-trip meeting and brief training program overview, I completed my file review. A piece of cake really. All my concerns panned out to be unwarranted. Then off to the DMV, passed 4 for 4 first try, and now free 1 pm until 8:45 pm, then a SIM lab for 3 hours. Friday is a couple hours of meetings, then officially orientation is over. Basically in total about 2 days of stuff.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    Just out of curiosity, how many started in your group, and how many are still there?

4. lip zee

lip zee Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Not really sure yet, buuuut, I do have word on last weeks group, as my roommate, who was a holdover from last week, told me. According to him, who was told by a girl in his group, their group started at 50 and around 10 are actually being assigned trainers. I don't know if that is true or not. But I do know my roommate and his friend were
    both sent home, welcome to return after getting medical releases and stuff sorted out. Seems like disqualification happens over medical, misbehavior, not passing the CDL permit test, and hot drug screens. I will have a better idea in SIM class tonight, to see who is still around, at least from my group. The week started with 70 and we were broken into groups of 3.

DRAGON64 and UsualSuspect Thank this.
  5. lip zee

lip zee Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2016
    So an update: Around 25 people out of our group of 70 initially got their comdata badges on the day they were given out. Everyone else had pendings. Today, there were about half the people in attendance for role call. I talked with 3 trainers before going with the third, still not sure about him, he seems a bit impatient; It's like, I know what to do, I just need more practice and experience doing it. Having a trainer barking at me frantically when I make a mistake, even the same mistake as before, doesn't help. Anyway I am going out with him tomorrow.
    Anyway more people were getting their pendings cleared and there are lots of trainers. In roll calll today there were 18 people looking for a trainer, including me, and apparently 28 trainers looking for people. I talked to 2 today, and 1 yesterday.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    UsualSuspect Thanks this.
  6. lip zee

lip zee Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2016
    SO the trainer I was going to go with insisted I sleep on the top bunk while he was driving. This was specifically mentioned to be out of compliance. I told the trainer and he said to find another trainer. It's an interesting period trying to get synched up with the right trainer. Some people got their first one and are very happy, others. like myself, seem to keep getting duds. How long does this go on?

7. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    Do you know if Prime disqualifies those that are out of compliance from training anyone else after you? Could be you are jumping to the next trainer, and their trainer is jumping to yours.

8. AnotherObserver

AnotherObserver Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2015
  9. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Absolutely not! Completely unsafe & big danger, let alone illegal.

Under no circumstances should that occur at any time.

He has no business at all being an instructor or trainer. Get ahold of Stan Kasterke or Steve Larson immediately, before someone gets seriously injured, or worse.

Move on... .you definitely do not want this idiot, nor do we.

10. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    I was accepted to prime can you guys help me

11. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Need to be a little more specific.

Not going the community college route, now?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.