newb can’t get hired

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by newbie102, May 8, 2023.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I was a 3 pack-a-day smoker in the Navy, but never lit up outside the skin of the ship during darken ship. I quit that dirty habit, cold turkey.

newbie102 and dave01282000 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dave01282000

dave01282000 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2021
    Ohio
    I'm sure you saw it...I heard the stories of when they would open the door into combat and the smoke would billow out so thick you could barely see through it.

newbie102 and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    One guy from Kentucky in combat used to complain, "Why doesn't the Navy have ships for non-smokers; this really sucks."

dave01282000 and newbie102 Thank this.
  5. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    This whole situation just dont seem right. Ok, so the guy bounced out of Schneider due to mental health issues. That alone will not blackball you. Then the OP was unemployed for 3 years . That will look bad, but can be explained. My question to the OP. Why were you unemployed that long? Then there was the criminal charge with a small time in jail. If its not a felony, not that big of deal.

Defiantly more going on here then the OP is telling. If the 2nd chance companies are rejecting you, there is something on you as to why.

Texas_hwy_287 and newbie102 Thank this.
  6. newbie102

newbie102 Bobtail Member

May 8, 2023
    might have found another company that will give me a chance. thank you everyone.
    feel ready to give it everything

7. Parz

Parz Bobtail Member

May 28, 2023
    Having the same issue.. i have over a year of verifiable experience. Got my CDL A through Prime inc, left because they couldn’t find me a trainer that treated me with respect. Even though i’v worked around trucks my whole life & have a much better looking beard than them. Anyways than went to Werner where i really learned how to drive a truck. After 3 months i got let go over a silly company policy thing. Thus far only one rookie preventable incident. So i went unemployed for 3 months until CFI gave me a chance. Even before that i can drive these trucks with one eye open, i’m a night driver. I put down 700 miles a day in a 65mph truck at CFI. Werner had 68mph but i was only regional. I’m probably one of the best driving vessels in the #### country. So i stayed at CFI for 6+ months, than i thought i should be good. They were paying me crap with zero support. Now i just can’t get a job with all this experience, my physical is good until 2025 for gods sakes. Why does nobody call me back??

8. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Overconfidence?
    The fact that you only stay around for a few months at a time?
    That you scoff at being fired for ignoring company policy?

northstarfire0693 and Terlingua Thank this.
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where is your location?
    You'll have to apply with companies that give drivers a 2nd chance.I'll answer on your thread that you started so everything doesn't bet mixed in with others posts.
    This one: CFI

10. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    I believe the issue here is your job hopping. With insurance and DOT requirements, you have been moving around too much. Companies are looking for stable employment. Generally speaking, they want you to have stable employment in the last 3 years.

Overconfidence, poor job stability and being let go for violating company policies will hurt you.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. Greamreaper

Greamreaper Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2018
    Didnt go thru all the pages but. First check hire right aka dac report, or they snitched to somewhere else. That will tell you whats your option. If they put there anything about a mental illness, mental breakdown or mental capacity etc. You will need to dispute it. If cant get it off. You may need to look into chicago 1099 scums. At leasdt you can get a year or two experince to show you can drive...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.