newbie swift trainee

Discussion in 'Swift' started by jds8710, Feb 12, 2012.

1. scarface2200

scarface2200 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2011
    St Louis MO
    Are you serous you go on duty to slide tandems and shut trailer doors, not me that's a waste of time and I would do it with me still in sleeper and sit on there property until my reset was done, I have refused to leave several shippers that ran me out of hours I told 1 to call the police they never did they just let me sit there even after they said I had to leave, I told them that the police wouldn't make me leave.

southeastdriver and scottied67 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. papi27j

papi27j Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Porterville,Ca
    Well I think I'm going to go with Swift Flatbed I have applied with Warner,Cr England,Swift. It just seems like a good place to start Thank you all for your info it helps in the decision making.:biggrin_25525:

4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    That's included in the 6 minutes logged on duty delivery when you first arrive ... eveything else is SB.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    The way you describe it, it sounds like you called your DM and explained the situation, then the DM took it from there.

I would have sent a mac22, stating my new pickup and final delivery times and the reason for the delay.

Most likely it would have been taken off you, with no problems resulting. Or, it would have been rescheduled.

Mac22 alerts different people to the problem (planners, CSR etc).
    It sounds like whoever (whomever?) took the load off you didn't cross an i or dot a t. :biggrin_25524:

6. jds8710

jds8710 Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2012
    marina, ca
    In oak grove Missouri. So far so good. Got 130 hours in. Have to go into a terminal and take a qualcomm test.

7. rockonthru

rockonthru Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2012
    kalispell,MT
    wow here in arizona . have been a long road ..will go to idahoe as soon as i pass evals. class 484

8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Just to recap, I had emptied out there after about 9 hours of sitting (apprx 1300), next load did not pick up til about 2000 that night, would have needed to park in front of one of the 'No Parking' signs for several hours before departing or start my clock back up and go to a truck stop 40 miles away and have very little time to make miles toward the final with the delivery time they sent.

9. scarface2200

scarface2200 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2011
    St Louis MO
    That's when u just park I front of the sign and just wait it out or u sit in there lot and wait, I've parked in front of the no parking signs at rest they wanna give us regulation screw them I'm parking when I have no hours or they can remove the regulations or give us more places to park.

10. Round2

Round2 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2012
    WA
    jds8710- are the highways kind to you thus far? Any tips to those to follow you?

11. Wilma

Wilma Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Alabama
    The same thing is happening to hubby right now, scottie. He's parked in the receivers lot taking his 10. The only reason he's been able to do that is because he called ahead of time and got the OK from their yard manager. Really sad part is that the times got changed after he accepted the load. After the changes got made, he tried to get his DM to take it off of him but she threatened him with a service failure and pretty much forced it down his throat.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.