No New Trainees? Till when?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Liahos, Apr 30, 2020.

1. MBAngel

MBAngel Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    I love working for covenant. They are doing online orientation, and I was really happy and comfortable with my trainer. In top of it all, its min pay every week if you sit on your butt. They are preparing for the rebound, and next winter peak season. They have a long view of this, that this too shall pass. And i havent earned just min pay since this covid thing started, they keep me running way more miles than min pay.

dwells40 and LoSt_AgAiN Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Are you in Atlanta?

4. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    Online orientation ... now that is something that should have happened years ago !!!!

gillz107 and Zoltan1a Thank this.
  5. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I would think stevens or swift would be a better option than anything CRE could offer I have never heard of anyone enjoying there stay there. My stay at swift was good till my incident then I had to take medical leave for a few months after coming back I could only do local which in its self was a nightmare compared to OTR.
    Unless they have changed stevens had manuals but haven't drove for them since 2014 so a person needing a manual for taking a test they be my choice over even swift just so you don't get the restriction.

To add I am Anti-stevens, CRE, and CRST. There are other options like construction as like a water truck driver, belly dump, end dump driver. Those are only a few am certain Chinatown could give you better choices then I could.

6. DeanOfMac

DeanOfMac Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2020
    Macomb, IL
    Schneider training in Gary, IN, is still ongoing. I was booted-out for having a sore leg. It's sore on occasion due to being injured in the line of duty as a Marine, but it's also a minor Covid symptom. By the time I was packed up at the hotel and on my way home my leg was fine.

I began the process of joining with another carrier yesterday. Told them about the sore leg so I filled out a medical form, drove to a VA clinic about an hour away, gave them the form and the the new company cleared me.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I remember JBH and other then top companies early 90's essentially stop providing trucking school training. In those days with the then new CDLA licensing replacing the old Class A, there were approximately 450,000 as stated by the then newspaper "The Trucker" as a industry loss in general because they were seeing drivers go to big company school, get a license and then jump ship to work for some tiny 200 truck outfit paying twice the pay and have superior equiptment with jakebrakes and other goodies that were important to those seeking work in those days. They advertised equiptment with airride, conventionals (We were sick of cabovers by then and steel suspension etc) and jake brakes etc. JBH as a rule did not believe in them. And a few hired on no speed restrictions other than what the states provided for.

Those days are gone forever.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Bumper Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Transport Jobs | Covenant Transport Services
    https://www.Covenanttransport.com
    ~
    Covenant Transport sister Company - Southern Refrigerated Transport
    Southern Refrigerated Transport - SRT Trucking Jobs
    www.Southernref.com

LoSt_AgAiN Thanks this.
  10. DeanOfMac

DeanOfMac Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2020
    Macomb, IL
    Roehl is hiring.

Mooseontheloose Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.