Non Lethal Force options for personal protection?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Graham Cracker, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Happened to me last yr. In WI.
    Pulled my coat back to expose a thumb break holster to 3 aggressors.
    Called 911 and local and sheriff showed up. Legal carry.
    No problems according to the law and the issues drove away.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    Lots of experience tinkering in the service and law enforcement.

Military grade CS/Riot control gas? 90+ % effective. Stuff will leave you drooling like a teen boy in heat.

Pepper Spray? Save your money. Study verbal judo on youtube,

Tasers/Stun Guns depends on the person. Match the threat accordingly. If they have a knife, shoot the sucker three taps of the trigger center mass. Dead morons cant sue you.

12 gauge beanbags? I have no faith after that US Marshall was killed in Rockford, IL several years ago. They brought the assailants nasty girlfriend into the hospital because she didnt listen the first 2 times they shot her.

I'm a firm believer in putting lead down range if need be. If you have to skin that smoke dragon end the threat.

4. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    Funny aint it? Its always the thugs who cry the loudest when they realize their victims arent particually willing to be victims. Perfectly willing to beat you senseless but as soon as you show your unwilling to play victim suddenly THEY are the victim and cry about it.....

Never go anywhere without either my makie or my 10mm nowadays. Never know what kinda thug is gonna pop up.

5. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Pepper spray and collapsible batons

Super bright flash light works if it’s after dark
    My light is a Nitecore P-10 with a strobe function . Fits right in your pocket , it’s about 50% larger than a roll of life savers candy .

I had a similar situation years ago at an ATM

I got my head on a swivel anyway and a car pulls up, which I didn’t think much of , then all four doors open and four urban teenagers get out and start walking towards me ,
    I turned around , pulled open the Velcro on the Uncle Mikes fanny pack reached in and gripped my .38 and stared at them hard .

they all looked at each other and then went back to their car and left .

I never pulled it out and they never saw it, but I guess they were worried about what was in there .

the other thing is to keep some cash in a heavy money clip , if you get mugged , pull it out , show them the money , then throw it one way while you run the other way.

they have to decide to go after the money or go after you. And that gives you a little advantage .

for inside the truck, wasp spray and a small fire extinguisher also works very well to encourage someone to go away.

6. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Cops don’t get charged with assault or murder for shooting people . non cops get arrested and charged with felonies by cops all the time for merely pulling up a shirt and showing the thug a weapon .

If you’re LEO you’re above the law and have virtually nothing to worry about .
    You can engrave “you’re ####ed “ on your gun barrel and shoot someone lying on the floor and get promoted or rewarded with a lifetime pension and medical retirement due to the PTSD that shooting someone causes you.

Source : Daniel Shaver .

7. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    Kopf Kino!

8. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    So you wanted to catch a case for assaulting people who were retreating? IANAL but it seems to me that the moment you use any weapon for offensive purposes you open yourself up to all kinds of criminal and civil issues.

Non-lethal force is not intended as a "parting gift," it's for defense when force is legally justified but deadly force is not.

9. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Can we please stop with the "wasp spray" myth? It is on the can "use other than intended use is a federal crime". If you want to bless the deserved, use an OC spray.

10. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Baseball bat with spikes

11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Because we know companies will never lie in their marketing to try and avoid lawsuits. Unless they also point to the exact law they are claiming, I'd have a hard time believing that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.