Non Lethal Force options for personal protection?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Graham Cracker, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    You're right, my quoting the label requirement is not that you should expect to be prosecuted for using it, rather your protection of using a less than lethal self defense for liability will be compromised.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Capsaicins are utterly ineffective against someone who is high on PCP. Thank God for Smith & Wesson.

4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    This is the best post of all. In all my years of trucking, and I'm talking State St. in the Windy at 3am,,I never felt the need to have to carry a weapon of any kind. Generally, as a truck driver, I wasn't the one thugs were looking for. Crooks aren't stupid, they knew I didn't have anything they wanted. Now, I realize, things have deteriorated considerably, but I feel, if one has to equip themselves with a weapon JUST to make a living, then that job is no longer for me. I feel, brandishing a weapon only escalates the situation, and in a situation where bullets( or hair spray) are flying, I'll be under a table. I've always maintained, better a live coward than a dead hero anyday,,,:thumbup:

5. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Prolly not a good idea to shoot someone with that unless you have enough time and space to run. Same with pepper spray, although i recommend having it. It takes a bit of time before person shot really feels the effect, therefore capable of attacking still. Most likely the need to defend yourself will happen at Very Close Range...
    Now back to Tire Thumpers, hammers and the like....

6. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Hell, just hold them down and tickle them until they pee their pants if you really want non lethal.

7. sbaumann14

sbaumann14 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
    Can of wasp killer. Shoots 25’. Totally legal ANYWHERE. Will drop a pro bowl linebacker in his tracks

8. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    The number 1 rule i follow is Don't use an ATM at 3 AM in the Ghetto part of any town.

9. Space Truckin

Space Truckin Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2023
    Venus, Mars, and Tampa, FL
    Oh boy, here we go again... :D

10. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    This thread reminded me that my permit expires this month.
    Thanks to covid it can be renewed online.
    Then hit the range for proficiency test and drop paperwork at sheriff's office.
    We are only 4 yr permits but my 2 non resident permits are 5 making it a pain kinda.

11. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    The thing about non-lethal force is this: a wounded attacker who is still conscious can still shoot you with his gun, even if he is laying on the ground.

For those of you talking about clubs, knives, etc., Keep in mind that you must be within their wingspan to use those - and the 21' rule still applies.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.