North Port Florida Local driving jobs

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Dixielind, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    didn't know publix didn't hire drivers my brother has worked there for 25 years he started stocking shelves I think not sure what he makes but not overly paid bit has been driving quite awhile

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dixielind

Dixielind Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2017
    North Port Florida
    How about Waste Management in Venice Florida what's the company like? Hoping I won't be in Florida past 1 year. I made more money in Minnesota. Family first:)

4. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I'm a new driver so at one point I looked into WM. They have a rep for firing anyone for any reason. That location may be more relaxed, drop by and say hi and have your jerk assessment gauge working.

Indeed doesn't have profiles for every company, but I tend to check there, sometimes can spot a bad company vs a bad terminal by paying attention to review details.

Dunno if Conrad Yelvington would have anything, or if they're good to work for.

Fuelinmyveins Thanks this.
  5. Dixielind

Dixielind Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2017
    North Port Florida
    I'm not a new driver have had my class A before. Been driving since 1991 did otr and local then I had to quit due to my daughter at home (Teen years were rough) I have a phone interview with waste management on Monday.

6. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
  7. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Good luck. I will say the Port Charlotte area is nice the only '''rough' area is in North Port when you're on 41 passing Pan-American/Sumter Blvd.

The traffic is nice it's never too crazy like Naples/Marco island it made my local route there superb.

8. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    The traffic sucks. With the construction going on 41 south of sumter its a freaking madhouse. Sure its not as bad as naples but that's cause we arent a 50th of the size of Naples, but for our little tiny city of north port its ridiculously bad, especially in winter.

I think you have your intersections confused in the "rough" areas. The private country club is on sumter just north of 41, and the entree road is meticulously landscaped all the way to 75. That ain't "rough".

going north of panam on 41 towards venice it gets to feeling shady. That mineral wells area looks sketchy, but honestly that's just cause its 50 years older. Those houses were built in the late 40s and early 50s with the explosion of easy GI bill mortgages. Small 1500 sq ft homes give the look of "rough" next to these 3k+ft homes built in the last 15 years. Basically what I'm saying is there is no rough sections of town, our "rough" section is just smaller more affordable working class homes, not the gangbangers like you find in larger cities. Heck as far as i know we've had 1 murder in 25 years and that was the two doped up meth heads that killed their baby. However that side of town has had an explosion of drug abuse in the last ten years. But what community in America doesn't have problems with meth?

Im torn how i feel about this area on one hand the population explosion is driving me crazy, but on the other hand the weather is about as perfect as it can get and even the rough section of town isn't rough. Plus its the best fishing in the entire world. Jesus my 10 year old got a 6lb bass out of the tiny creek beside the playground at the Morgan center on price blvd. There are many double digit bass in the canal that runs from port charlotte to Northport(its now called coco plum waterway since they put in all the kayak launches, used to be named 9 mile canal) the harbor is a 20 minute drive away and you can catch everything from spotted trout to redfish and snook to tarpon and bullshark. Want a fun challenge? go up under the 41 bridge and handline a goliath grouper. About the only thing you won't catch here is tuna and billfish. Gotta go out deep to get them.

tommymonza and 06driver Thank this.
  9. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Yes, north of pan America is the area I didn’t like. And to be far it’s not even “bad” just too many alcoholics/druggies that like to hang out. I delivered in the past in that neighborhood never turned my truck off until I reached that area.

It’s a relative good area to work, and tha traffic is bareable in my opinion compared to most of the Florida region I’ve worked in.

I typically deliver to fort myers, Cape Coral, port charlotte, Naples/marco

10. Doe141

Doe141 Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Apply online for Coca-Cola jobs You can search by state & area.

11. Dixielind

Dixielind Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2017
    North Port Florida
    Not much down here. I got hired in Minnesota in like 10 minutes. So Back to Minnesota I go.

RookieJ1987 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.