OIX/Ortrans

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by THE ROOKIE, Mar 31, 2013.

1. THE ROOKIE

THE ROOKIE Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    Congratulations and welcome aboard. If you have any questions just ask. The gentleman that will be doing your orientation is named Sully and he is an old school professional. I really enjoyed his knowledge and professionalism and I believe you will too. From what I understand the trucks with the cow catchers on them are for the regional guys. You will meet the owner and may I say it was the highlight of orientation. You will not find a more honest and decent man to work for.

Rocks and Jrdude5 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. THE ROOKIE

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    Well my friend in my opinion you just discredited yourself with the J B HUNT reference. I worked for that outfit several years ago and the differences between the two could not be more obvious. If things are so terrible why do you stay? And as I said before could you please offer some details as to why this company is so bad?

4. THE ROOKIE

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    I really do not mean to be rude and if I am I am sorry. I just have a hard time understanding why a person would stay somewhere that is so bad.

5. THE ROOKIE

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    The dead axle has not been an issue for me at all. The way they work when you are in snow is very ingenius. The rear axle has a dump valve putting the weight on the drive axle and you lock the front axle in like a posi-traction rearend and it works great. I used it several times this past winter and I had zero problems with traction.

Jrdude5, LurchKCMO and Rocks Thank this.
  6. honestopinion

honestopinion Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2013
    No rudeness noticed. I am actively looking for another place . Believe me this company used to be totally different than. And the jb comment was a comparison not a put down. So many policies have changed, our safety and performance bonuses have changed drastically, the ambiance of the company is company first driver second. Never used to be that way. Used to get 3400+ miles a week now that they have put on another 30 trucks without getting more customers miles have dropped off. Should I keep going?

7. THE ROOKIE

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    I have no idea of what this place was in the past so I will concede this point to you. I can only report on how I have been treated since I have been there. I am making good miles and have been treated exceptionally well. If things were to change for the worse or get to a point that I am adversely affected then I too will look for another job. I wish you the best in whatever decision you make.

8. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Yes... keep going man... what else? Take this opportunity and say it all... Ah... one thing, hope you find what you are looking for as soon as possible. All the best to you.

9. honestopinion

honestopinion Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2013
    When I started here we had a safety department that actually gave a #### about you the driver. They cared about your family.and it was a genuine concern. When you walked in the building everybody in the safety department said hello.our safety department now is more concerned about policies than drivers unless you're doing something wrong.when was the last time you needed a sticker on your way mirror to tell you to get out and look we never had those before we were treated as responsible adults now we have to have stickers to tell us not to talk on the phone and have three point of contact on the truck and to get out and look. we had a vice president that actually gave a #### and would bend over backwards to help you out. those people have been replaced. We now have people here from large companies that still have the large company mentality and want to impose that large company mentality on a small family operation.most of us drivers hired on here because of the small family operation if we wanted to work for a large company we would not have worked here. Our safety bonus and performance bonus are no more now than a fuel the used to actually meet safety and performance now it means how much fuel did you say. Hour pay cut off use to be Monday morning at 10 a.m. now it is Sunday so you don't have the weekend trip on your pay sheet unless you get your load split. We no longer have apu units on the trucks because of a shorter wheelbaseso in order to keep cool you have to idle and that can make you lose your bonus.in reality it is not a bad company in the strictest sense of the word it is just different it is trying to be much bigger than it is without very much for thoughtsomeday it may catch up to itself

Jrdude5 and Rocks Thank this.
  10. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    :biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:What is supposed to happen at the 6 month mark. Are you supposed to turn into a pumpkin LOL

11. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    IMHO, as small companies develop and grow, they have to change and adapt due to regulations, economy, etc, etc...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.