OIX/Ortrans

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by THE ROOKIE, Mar 31, 2013.

1. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    I can tell you from experience that the stickers and other safety related notices they put on the truck probably is an incentive with their insurance. If i owned a trucking company and I was going to get a sweet break on my insurance....you bet I would put a sticker on the truck lol.

The industry as gone through some changes due to no fault of their own. (you can thank Obama for this). He wants to micro manage health care....now he wants to micro manage the transportation industry.

The economy has gone in the toilet. Fuel prices are insane. I can go on and on. I am frankly surprised some of these smaller trucking companies survived.

Do bonuses have to be cut or reduced to keep the company running...perhaps. From what I am seeing out there right now it might not be greener on the other side of the fence.

Rocks and Jrdude5 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LurchKCMO

LurchKCMO Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2013
    I appreciate the feedback on the dead axle. I figured it had to be something as you described above regarding the traction on the snow. This is the first time I have actually encountered this type of configuration before....I heard of it....but never seen it lol.

One last question...I noticed that the exhaust pipe is under the truck.....not on the top. Just curious. Do you smell the fumes in the sleeper or in the cab when your stopped. Just curious lol.

4. honestopinion

honestopinion Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Obama really? Just because you can attach an excuse or reason to the happenings doesn't mean we have to like them and can't b**** about them.my thought is if I wanted to work for a large company I would have stayed at the large company I was with I came here because they were small

TNMT Thanks this.
  5. honestopinion

Apr 12, 2013
    Not at all

6. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Obama came out against the trucking industry during his first term. It is a matter of record. He appointed his "Czars" to rein in the dangerous out of control truckers and trucking companies.

Now as for the business practices for a trucking company.....I cant comment. I do not have access to their books lol.

However, if your core issue is that the personal touch and attention that used to exist is gone. I feel sorry for that. Unfortunately some companies that started out small eventually get a Nepolian complex lol. I worked for one many years ago. Then the taste of success turned them to the dark side of the force. It was a real shame too. They got to big for their britches and they put all the concentration on more $$$. They lost their way and forgot where they came from. I would give my eye tooth to lease on with a small company that can stay true to form.

Rocks Thanks this.
  7. honestopinion

Apr 12, 2013
    I won'tgo into politics or religion my opinions on both offend people. But as far as the company description I think you just nailed it on the head oix is seeing those dollar signs and us drivers are getting pushed to the wayside

8. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    With only 5 yrs trucking, I am still a rookie... but within these 5 years I have seen many changes in this industry... which I don't like... and I wonder if in the future small companies will either grow and become more of the same or will extinguish... I think most will die... :biggrin_2557:

truckon Thanks this.
  9. honestopinion

Apr 12, 2013
    the sad truth is you are correct

10. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    The other thing to consider is the immigration reform. Just curious is the companies are hiring "documented workers" to drive. That could explain the turnovers in the industry.
    "Many more where they came from" lol.

I am sticking to my guns regarding Obama trying to "Obamanate" the trucking companies. Obama is anti trucking. it is a matter of record.

Pure and simple. Now he has a 2nd term to wreak more havoc on the industry.

Rocks Thanks this.
  11. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    Loving this post.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.