OIX/Ortrans

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by THE ROOKIE, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Drifter42

Drifter42 Hopper Heartache

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    10 year rookie here and with ya 100% on that. My dad was a driver for 45 years from the early 50's to the late 90's and I used to ride with him quite a bit in the 70's and early 80's and it's night and day from then till now as far as the respect for others on the road. Even 4 wheelers acted like they had some sense lol. Most companies treated drivers better back then, but he worked for a smaller company.

Jrdude5, Rocks and truckon Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Drifter42

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    The company I work for is a smaller company that had about 50 trucks when I started a little over 6 years ago and they now have a little over 100. The owner was great, but he retired and left the former safety guy in charge and things went downhill quick. It has lost that small company feel, even though it's technically a smaller company. I do realize that you have to grow to stay in the game, but I do miss that mom and pop feel it used to have.

Jrdude5 and honestopinion Thank this.
  4. honestopinion

honestopinion Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2013
    this place used to be that small mom and pop. But since they have hired in new safety and hr and upper management mom and pop have left the building. Speaking of the building, Jackson Street used to house everyone all your dispatchers ,HR ,accounting ,payroll , and the VP were all at Jackson Street you didn't have to drive across town to be face to face with your dispatcher.david orsheln at one time said this company would never change well it has the focus is now on the company I think they forgot without drivers there would be no company

5. honestopinion

honestopinion Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2013
    the core people in this company I'm sure are still good peopleit just seems that some of the new people hired to run different departments came from large/mega large companies and that is their mindset.I am holding out hope that all will work out and maybe we will be a larger version of our old self but I am actively looking

Jrdude5 Thanks this.
  6. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    He is not anti trucking... he is anti America... sorry, don't want to highjack the thread but I "had" to say it...

poppapump1332 Thanks this.
  7. Drifter42

Dec 4, 2011
    Seymour IN
    Agreed 100%

poppapump1332 Thanks this.
  8. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    I love this post too :)

See the Airplane crash on San Francisco on the news today? #### unsafe pilots! Lets cut their hours!

Thank god it was not a trucker that did that. There would be public Lynchings at the scale houses across the country lol.

9. THE ROOKIE

THE ROOKIE Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    I have not encountered any smell in the truck from exhaust at all.

10. THE ROOKIE

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    I am just curious as to why you are still here? I bet you are the type of person that will still be here 10 years from now crying about how the company mistreated you. I wish you would take your negative garbage somewhere else. This is a great company with great people. The people that you are throwing under the bus such as the safety dept. have gone out of their way to help me since I have been here. Serena has answered my calls night and day even on the weekends to help me out. If you are refering to her than I know you are dillusional. As far as I am concerned people like you serve no other useful purpose than to cause disention and strife. I am done responding to you. If you need to complain any furthur then look for me in the yard, I am the guy from southern Ga. and the dog in my picture travels with me.

Rocks and Jrdude5 Thank this.
  11. THE ROOKIE

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    I think it is too late for that.

Rocks, Jrdude5 and Doublemw2 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.