Ok, I’ll ask…

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dumdriver, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I was under the impression he wasn’t much older than I am, like mid to late 40’s, but liked to talk like he was trucking back in the 60’s and 70’s. I didn’t mind hearing the stories even if the same ones were repeated over and over. What I didn’t like was the misinformation that he’d hand out when people asked questions. It’s like he was trying to scare or impress newer drivers with his tales, or he’d give info that was just flat out incorrect.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It's very true! X1 did in fact, find out that Catnip doesn't work to calm down T-Rex's. At least not like it did on Saber Tooth Tigers.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Its in the bottom of all his posts, he left driving in 2009. Pretty sure he mentioned in posts having been driving in Baltimore in the 80s or 90s. Don't hold me to it though. I'd go look but I don't have that MUCH free time. He had a ton of posts. lol.

Feel the way you want to feel it's your right.

Rest of us will do the same. ;)

Til it's confirmed he was banned I'll just chalk it up to the ever popular..."Fake news" that people like to throw around.

I've no beef with the guy, so I wish him no ill will.

Sirscrapntruckalot - If can't say anything nice about anybody, come sit next to me. - Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Kyle G., D.Tibbitt, 650cat425 and 5 others Thank this.
  6. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    He started in 1986.

He's about 55 years old.

He claims to have driven a lot of trucks that would be museum pieces by the mid 80s, but whatever.

Claimed to have been out here "30 years", but '86 to 2009 is 23 years. Then minus the 8 that he managed a gas station while waiting for his license to cool off is 15 years, minus how many ever years he drove paving equipment ALSO waiting for his license to cool off, is......pick a number.

It's all in his posts. I questioned him about it a couple times, but he put me on his ignore list with the other 7/8ths of the membership of TTR.

Sorry. I'm just not as patient with him as you guys are. I hope he's doing okay, but I don't miss him. And this is all I got to say on the subject.

4mer trucker, ZVar, skellr and 13 others Thank this.
  7. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Conjecture on my partt says he may have taken a self willed holiday. I too took a holiday here once for 7-9 months. Lets hope he is doing the same.

8. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    With all the medical issues he had. I hate to suggest it... He might be driving. :biggrin_25521:

Did he ever tell you about the triple Wooly Mammoth Team he once drove? Hauling Maple Syrup in Canada. That's how he got his tanker endorsement.

D.Tibbitt, MACK E-6, 650cat425 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That’s nothing. The wheels on Fred Flintstone’s car were hand chiseled by yours truly. :D

10. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    He never let the facts get in the way of a good story! I was on his ignore list also!

11. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    He was killed in an unfortunate accident when his word processor overloaded and blew up.

12. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Can mods at least please put to rest he was banned. I've never seen him post ANYTHING that could remotely cause that to happen.

13. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    Maybe he got drunk and ended into another country, I hate it when that happens. I myself had that happen twice in my life am and like wtf am I doing here one was Canada other was Mexico neither was a pleasant experience especially when I had no money to buy a rod and reel to finally do some muskie fishing. The one in Mexico though was much less pleasant won't go into detail I just know I can't go back there due to what happened.

• Truckers Report Jobs